Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the needed credits, just need the degree!
If I have all of the credits I need from my university, ALEKS, CLEP, Study.com, and Sophia how quickly can I graduate from TESU?  I am thinking to transfer all the credits (136) to TESU, taking the capstone, and graduating FAST. 

Long story short my university notified me just days before graduation that they mistakenly promised to accept the Study.com credits and that I would be 6 credits short.  They suggested I CLEP the courses but I already took them once and one would have to be a science CLEP which are all 6 credit exams and take a while to prepare for. I would like to just transfer them to TESU, take the capstone and the other required course.   I am up against a clock in that I was offered my dream job teaching band and all that they are waiting for is my degree so I can sign the contract.  I have all the credits I need to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from my local university.  

Does anyone know how long the process is in a situation like this?  Would it be something I can complete by the end of June?  (I am making this post on June 4th)
Not possible from what I understand . You would need to take 30 credits with TESU
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
If you go the TESU route it will take at least 4 months. A month to apply and get everything in registered and three months for capstone/cornerstone. And is fast tracking it because usually it takes weeks for them to get all the transcripts and evaluate everything.

TESU also only confers degrees 4 times a year.

So say you are lucky and somehow get in for July capstone and cornerstone you are looking at December graduation. And you couldn't ask them to bump you to September graduation because degrees confer beginning of the month and you'd still be in cap/cornerstone in September.

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Just do the CLEP at your local University. Hit the books and study. I took the Natural Sciences CLEP hardly studied and got a 52. Also maybe your University accepts DSSTs. If you really have to just take some online courses at your local university online and graduate even if it costs more. Just stick with the local it makes the most sense. OR take self-paced or quick online courses through ONU/ASU/Tel learning or a cheap CC. Those courses are real college courses. Just double check everything first.
[-] The following 3 users Like natshar's post:
  • NC Coach, ss20ts, Vle045
(06-05-2021, 09:08 PM)kingerock Wrote: If I have all of the credits I need from my university, ALEKS, CLEP, Study.com, and Sophia how quickly can I graduate from TESU?  I am thinking to transfer all the credits (136) to TESU, taking the capstone, and graduating FAST. 

Long story short my university notified me just days before graduation that they mistakenly promised to accept the Study.com credits and that I would be 6 credits short.  They suggested I CLEP the courses but I already took them once and one would have to be a science CLEP which are all 6 credit exams and take a while to prepare for. I would like to just transfer them to TESU, take the capstone and the other required course.   I am up against a clock in that I was offered my dream job teaching band and all that they are waiting for is my degree so I can sign the contract.  I have all the credits I need to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from my local university.  

Does anyone know how long the process is in a situation like this?  Would it be something I can complete by the end of June?  (I am making this post on June 4th)

If you applied today, and got all of your credits sent over, IF you have the credits in the right places, you could register for the cornerstone and capstone for the July term, and you wouldn't be able to graduate until December.

I would probably also look at Excelsior and COSC, those may be better (and will certainly be cheaper) options.  I think EC graduates people monthly.

We could probably also give you some other options for courses to take over to your current school.  Not sure about graduation there, but it might be the simplest option.  You could take self-paced science courses through TEL or ONU for only $150-$200 per course and finish super-fast (totally up to you).

ONU (self-paced, $50/cr)
BIO 201 - General Biological Science
GEO 121: Physical Geology

TEL (self-paced, $67/cr)
Intro to Biology
Chemistry I
Physical Sciences

I'd probably also consider taking the Bio and NatSci CLEP exams - they're ~$100 each, can't hurt to give them a shot.

Also, think about exams instead:

UExcel ($110/exam + $55 test center fee)
BIOx250: Basic Genetics
GEOx101: Earth Science
PHYx120: Weather & Climate
SCIx259: The Science of Nutrition

TECEP ($150/exam)
Intro to Biology
The Science of Nutrition

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you list all of your courses here, we can help you figure out which school is the best option.  Include the course #, full course name, grade if less than a C, and number of credits for each course.  I'll see if there's a perfect fit for any of the Big 3 (and TESU has a music degree, which might be a good option).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You need at least 24 RA credits from your previous college/university, you just need the Cornerstone/Capstone. The earliest you can graduate is *IF* you apply right now, register for, and pay for this June term which started last week. You'll have a chance to graduate in September if they allow this to happen. If not, the earliest you can graduate will be at the end of the year - December 2021. Link: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BellaZuri
(06-05-2021, 09:08 PM)kingerock Wrote:   I have all the credits I need to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from my local university.  

Then talk to them and get it that degree. Seems way easier than starting over at new school. Explain everything. Ask about options for transferring credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Not possible from what I understand . You would need to take 30 credits with TESU

Not at all true - you only need to take 6cr with TESU.  You need to have 24cr of RA brought it, but it sounds like the OP has that covered.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-05-2021, 09:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You need at least 24 RA credits from your previous college/university, you just need the Cornerstone/Capstone.  The earliest you can graduate is *IF* you apply right now, register for, and pay for this June term which started last week.  You'll have a chance to graduate in September if they allow this to happen.  If not, the earliest you can graduate will be at the end of the year - December 2021.  Link: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

I don't think it would be possible to get into the June term because in order to even register for the capstone you need 100 credits done. And by the time they get all transcripts in showing 100 credits it would for sure be too late in the term.
natshar Wrote:
kingerock Wrote:  I have all the credits I need to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from my local university.  

Then talk to them and get it that degree. Seems way easier than starting over at new school. Explain everything. Ask about options for transferring credit.

This should be your best bet at getting the degree FASTEST. I mean, think about the cost the TESU residency waiver in addition to the two courses (capstone/cornerstone).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-05-2021, 09:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
natshar Wrote:
kingerock Wrote:  I have all the credits I need to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from my local university.  

This should be your best bet at getting the degree FASTEST.  I mean, think about the cost the TESU residency waiver in addition to the two courses (capstone/cornerstone).

TRUTH!

Minimum cost at TESU IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CREDITS: $6,654
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 14 1,015 1 hour ago
Last Post: Obrajnick
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 4 156 6 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 247 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 230 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 198 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 533 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 243 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 283 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 295 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM