Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
WELL.... this looks like good news apparently then?
My little sister made it before the 31st cutoff by working like crazy. So glad she made it in time! I do hope ALEKS gets their renewal, but glad the stress is over for my sister!
I was 30 mins away from midnight west coast time when I added it to my transcript for review. Woke up next day to have it approved and added to my transcript. After a week of sleepless nights finally done with stats.
Me too Ironheadjack.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Hi Gooberman11,

I am so happy for your little sister. I thought about going for it with ALEK's, but my personal schedule with two TESC classes and having to get a pivotal CLEP all done at the same time was just too much for my brain cells to jam in there. SO HAPPY your little sister got it all done and her stress is over. Which ALEK's Course did she take?

I was praying for all the people cramming to finish ALEK's onetime.

Well done Gooberman's little sister!
Tara

Gooberman11 Wrote:My little sister made it before the 31st cutoff by working like crazy. So glad she made it in time! I do hope ALEKS gets their renewal, but glad the stress is over for my sister!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

Credits/Course
6          Biology (58)

WELL DONE VAUST! Talk about stress! I was afraid that would happen to me, but hey...you DID it! Which ALEK's Course did you take? Did you grow new grey hair? If you did it will make you look more distinguished when you graduate Big Grin
-T

vaust Wrote:I was 30 mins away from midnight west coast time when I added it to my transcript for review. Woke up next day to have it approved and added to my transcript. After a week of sleepless nights finally done with stats.
Tara

Degrees:

Credits/Course
6          Biology (58)

I was just looking on the ACE credit website (the National Guide) for FEMA courses and noticed this on banner on the top of the page.

"Attention ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill) Students: All courses are currently under review. Pending a successful outcome, credit would be made available for learners effective November 1, 2013."

There wasn't any more details but this looks like a good sign for future ALEKS users.
CLEP

[SIZE="1"]Social Sciences & History..... ..- 69
US History I Col-1877............- 75
American Government ...........- 68
US History II 1865-Pres........ .- 77
Intro to Sociology................ .- 75
Intro to Psychology.............. .- 76
Human Growth & Development.- 74
Info Sys & Computer App........- 69
Analyze & Interpret Literature..- 79[/SIZE]
Y'all really must have gotten on their nerves. hilarious
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I got the following response from their customer services -

We are in the process of renewing our status with ACE and are just waiting on them to complete their review. Once this is done, students completing the ALEKS courses at 70% will be eligible to receive ACE Credit.
The message below is posted on the ACE website at https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main.
"Attention ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill) Students: All courses are currently under review. Pending a successful outcome, credit would be made available for learners effective November 1, 2013."

I told them to put my account on hold until the review was complete and if they did not get ACE accreditatiuon, I would expect a full refund.

Let's wait and see...

Suksabai
sanantone Wrote:Y'all really must have gotten on their nerves. hilarious

I find it funny that the message about ALEKS appeared on the ACE Credit National Guide homepage (ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training) first and now it's appearing on the transcript page at https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main. I was planning on calling both ALEKS and ACE, but now I'll wait. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 606 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,925 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,772 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 369 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,447 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 527 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 622 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,257 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader