Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed! Would You Take Dantes USSR or ECE Social Psych If You Had a Choice
I have been away for a while. I did not know that IC now has Social Psych as well! All that I have left is USSR, Stats and INL for a BS in Psych. Should I take Social Psych instead of Rise and Fall of the USSR if I have the choice? I don't care that it costs $100 more. I just know that it took me 3 weeks to study for Civil War and I don't really want to do that again. Plus, I have already taken all of the other UL Psych exams using IC alone. I only had to study each one for a few days:

Abnormal A
Adulthood A
Gerontology B
Research Methods A

Any advice would be much appreciated!
I think it's a no-brainer. If you already have a foundation in all of those other psych courses, Social Psych will require a lot less effort than USSR.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I guess that I just needed to hear it from somebody else. BTW, do you know of anybody else besides Basket Weaver that has taken Social Psych. As is usually the case it appears that IC alone will be enough.
I haven't heard anything from anyone else....It's a pretty recent addition, and it doesn't seem to be very popular.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
[SIZE="2"]I concur, go with the Soc-Psych exam; you can always fall back on the USSR exam if needed but based on your recent grades I don't think you will need to. Good Luck!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Definately the Social Psych! It looks very doable. I just switched to doing Research...Psych first,after starting to study Social, because of Lee's feedback. I'll be interested to hear your feedback after you take it. So will others, I'm sure. As you may already know, Excelsior changed their Psych major requirements this January so this is now one of the best options to help get the Psych upper levels by exam.

Good luck! Although, I agree with Shoto, you probably will do great without it.Big Grin
Kate
BS Psychology
Yeah, go for the Psych test. I"m actually studying for it right now. it's very interesting, and if you have a background in psychology; it's very easy.
Good luck!

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality.
Based on my past posts, it's no secret what I think of this USSR test, but besides that, you have way too much Psych testing experience not too take this test. It is an easy study, once you get past the 4th section (was a pain for me because of all the different "selfs" to remember). After seeing your other scrores, I'm sure you'll do fine. Regards, Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 360 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 973 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 3,011 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 633 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,637 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,379 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,887 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 839 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
  Top 10 Things Needed to Help Get You Employed LevelUP 7 964 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,505 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM