Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP Crash Course Study Guides
Can anyone give me advices on what courses you used the AP Crash Course guide for ONLY, no other study material used to pass the course.

I just ordered the AP Crash Course for Psychology. :hurray:

I do have a full text book that I have been working with but wondered if I can pass without having to use the text book.

Thank you,

Wendy
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="2"]Wendy[/SIZE]
Currently studying, not CLEP completed yet.[/COLOR]
Are you sure you can still take the AP test? It may be hard to find a testing center that administers AP tests, since the are taken while in High School

I believe that the CLEP is the Out of High School equivalent of the AP test, and is generally accepted in many schools.

Also, from doing research, it looks like CLEPs are generally easier the AP tests.

Consider taking the CLEP rather than the AP test, if you can even still take the AP test.
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
I would also agree that a CLEP is much easier and more accessible than an AP test.

My understanding of the AP test is that YES you can take an AP, however they're typically only available to take in the Spring at a local high school. LOL.. and yes, you would be taking them with a bunch of high school students. Smile

Also, if you do decide to do AP and find a convenient place to test, keep in mind that AP can duplicate some CLEP/DSST credit. I had taken and passed the AP Spanish test back when I was in high school. I would have only gotten three credits for that, so I went ahead and took the Spanish CLEP, which gave me 12 credits. However, the 3 credits from the AP test were not counted as they were considered to be the same as the CLEP.

Some people here have used AP guides for studying on CLEP tests. I don't know how accurate they are, but I would imagine that the AP and CLEP or DSST tests would be somewhat similar for many subjects.

Edit to add: Make sure you're using the Specific Forum Feedback and the IC cards along with whatever other guides and books you use. A textbook is great and I have used them to study for the harder tests, but it may give you a lot more detail than you actually need to pass the psych CLEP, which is generally considered to be one of the simpler tests.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
AP tests are only offered in May, you could be done with your degree by then.....just sayin
Is the BOOK AP Psychology Crash Course good enough to study and pass the clep exam?

Sorry, I was unclear. Sad

Wendy
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="2"]Wendy[/SIZE]
Currently studying, not CLEP completed yet.[/COLOR]
Hunterw0026 Wrote:Is the BOOK AP Psychology Crash Course good enough to study and pass the clep exam?.......

Occasionally someone mentions using an AP book to study for CLEP exams. I assume they did this because that is what the library had or there were no REA books for the subject, etc. I would be suprised if the AP book did not prepare you well. On the other hand, one of the reasons that I like REA study guides (REA Online - Making The World Smarter) is because they are geared toward teaching and practicing the topics specifically covered on the CLEP.

You may be the first to try this one. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 190 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 622 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 288 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 886 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 504 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,174 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 569 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,320 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,906 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,700 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az