Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A resource
This is not the cheapest or greatest resource out there, but I figure I would post this anyway. It is basically "free" college courses from ETSU; however, here is the kicker...... "free" is not for credit, if you want credit you have to pay 1/3 or the normal tuition. Either way it could be a good study source. Here is the link: ETSU OpenBUCS | Free Online College Courses
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
smf6824 Wrote:This is not the cheapest or greatest resource out there, but I figure I would post this anyway. It is basically "free" college courses from ETSU; however, here is the kicker...... "free" is not for credit, if you want credit you have to pay 1/3 or the normal tuition. Either way it could be a good study source. Here is the link: ETSU OpenBUCS | Free Online College Courses

Nice find. Even with the tuition, its a great deal. According to the link $335 for a college course with actual college credit and not ACE, not a bad deal. Even better is that the cost is split up making it more affordable for folks on a budget. OpenBUCS Path to Credit
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Here is something that would be useful for people to know. If you complete the course, could you determine what grade you'd get before fully committing to getting credit? It would be really great to know you're going to get an A before ending up with any notation on a college transcript.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Here is something that would be useful for people to know. If you complete the course, could you determine what grade you'd get before fully committing to getting credit? It would be really great to know you're going to get an A before ending up with any notation on a college transcript.
The way I read it, you complete the course, then you pay $150 to take their "Pre-Credit Assessment". If you pass it, then you apply to ETSU (if not already a student) for $25, and pay another $150 to take the "For-Credit Assessment". Wierdly, the main page says the History and Music courses were Summer courses that ended August 1, and the Psych course is the only one available on an on-going basis, but the FAQ page says that all three are available year-round. I'm wondering whether you get a letter grade or not since it appears to be essentially credit-by-exam. Edit: Nevermind, I found where it says you get a letter grade.

OpenBUCS Path to Credit

[Image: Path-to-Credit-2.png]
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stats/Math Resource Question a2jc4life 5 1,727 05-31-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: bezzina
  TESU :: Psychology Testing Resource Guidance HAYDENTREE77 13 3,723 01-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77
  InstantCert Flashcards: Uexcel Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior jthatcher50 0 1,677 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: jthatcher50
  Best resource ALEKS Collegelady2 1 1,321 05-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A free CLEP resource! zapproximator 14 2,962 04-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Remember your local library is a great resource. RebelPlatypus 3 1,103 05-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Human Resource Management DSST duma503 7 1,832 01-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: duma503
  PF Human Resource Management AngelaP 7 1,091 12-16-2015, 09:21 PM
Last Post: AngelaP
  Has anyone taken the ECE - Human Resource Mngmt lately? dseminario1 0 417 08-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Last Post: dseminario1
  Free Study Resource -- 26 Subjects With Practice Tests, Power-points and Readings TinHead 1 674 05-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer