Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
$13.5k Indiana University - online MA Political Science
For those looking at public policy degrees, this is an interesting alternative.  

Indiana University is a very respectable university and the price ($13,500 out of state) of their MA Political Science is surprisingly affordable compared to their online MPA ($64,800).  

https://online.iu.edu/doc/mapolisci_ones...031122.pdf

https://online.iu.edu/degrees/political-...e,-ma.html
[-] The following 5 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • carrythenothing, dfrecore, FastTrackDegree, nomaduser, Pikachu
its from IU Bloomington ?

can't find any info on e website.
(08-25-2022, 09:34 AM)nyvrem Wrote: its from IU Bloomington ?

According to the webpage:
"This 100 percent online program is taught by IU East, IU Bloomington, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. This consortial model allows you to take coursework from several campuses and learn from a wide range of faculty"

I guess it's a consortium of IU campuses.  If you're interested, you can email them to confirm.

(08-25-2022, 09:36 AM)smartdegree Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 09:34 AM)nyvrem Wrote: its from IU Bloomington ?

According to the webpage:
"This 100 percent online program is taught by IU East, IU Bloomington, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. This consortial model allows you to take coursework from several campuses and learn from a wide range of faculty"

I guess it's a consortium of IU campuses.  If you're interested, you can email them to confirm.

https://www.indiana.edu/academics/degree...n-polsdema

The online MA Pol Sci is listed in IU Bloomington's website as part of its degree programs.   My guess is you can choose which campus to receive the degree from.
I might. Thank you ! I been looking for an IR program recently, guess I can short list this one too.

It's a real steal if it's $13.5k from the main IU campus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • smartdegree
(08-25-2022, 09:57 AM)nyvrem Wrote: I might. Thank you ! I been looking for an IR program recently, guess I can short list this one too.

It's a real steal if it's $13.5k from the main IU campus.

Keep us posted!
I requested the application/information and the home/degree-awarding campus is IU East.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(08-26-2022, 04:47 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: I requested the application/information and the home/degree-awarding campus is IU East.

That's what I thought. Tuition is too low for IU Bloomington lol
IU East campus is not a popular campus ...

(08-26-2022, 04:47 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: I requested the application/information and the home/degree-awarding campus is IU East.

I also requested the information.  The enrolment advisor says you can choose the campus, including Bloomington.  Whoever replied to you is wrong.  

I actually started the application process and the application has a choice of campus, including Bloomington.  Not sure why you don't see that in the application process.  

This is actually a very good price for an IU Bloomington degree.

(08-26-2022, 11:39 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

That's incorrect, you can choose IU Bloomington. I opened an application to make sure and the choice of campus for the online MA Political Science includes IU Bloomington.

Here's what the portal looks like.  You have to select the IU Bloomington option.

https://imgur.com/a/9Pu3FKr
(09-02-2022, 01:04 PM)smartdegree Wrote:

I also requested the information.  The enrolment advisor says you can choose the campus, including Bloomington.  Whoever replied to you is wrong.  

I actually started the application process and the application has a choice of campus, including Bloomington.  Not sure why you don't see that in the application process.  

This is actually a very good price for an IU Bloomington degree.

(08-26-2022, 11:39 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

That's incorrect, you can choose IU Bloomington. I opened an application to make sure and the choice of campus for the online MA Political Science includes IU Bloomington.

Here's what the portal looks like.  You have to select the IU Bloomington option.

https://imgur.com/a/9Pu3FKr

Very interesting. Seems like a steal and a top school if indeed you can get into IU Bloomington
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
A top 15 school for liberal arts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 21 816 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 5 535 Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 136 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,578 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  FHSU to offer MLS in Philosophy Online? MFG 9 1,029 08-27-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 54 36,300 08-27-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  New Boston U MS Data Science $25K smartdegree 8 559 08-23-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,286 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 302 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Cheap online MSSE or MSI? evenFair23 1 344 08-17-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77