Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
What am I doing wrong? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: What am I doing wrong? (/Thread-What-am-I-doing-wrong)

Pages: 1 2 3

What am I doing wrong? - P00057870 - 01-26-2010

I love the seeing the new emoticons and cannot figure out how to access them, even though Lindagerr has tried to tell me. She says they are below the old smilies and I don't see them there. Then she said they were near the place where you can change the font, something about a blue A.

I can't see a place to change the font and don't see the new emoticons anywhere.

Any other suggestions -- they are quite nice.

Judy

What am I doing wrong? - categ - 01-26-2010

Maybe I am missing something but aren't they just to the right of the message text box when you type your message?

What am I doing wrong? - soupbone - 01-26-2010

P00057870 Wrote:I love the seeing the new emoticons and cannot figure out how to access them, even though Lindagerr has tried to tell me. She says they are below the old smilies and I don't see them there. Then she said they were near the place where you can change the font, something about a blue A.

I can't see a place to change the font and don't see the new emoticons anywhere.

Any other suggestions -- they are quite nice.

Judy

:hurray: :leaving: :iagree: cheersmate

Just kidding! On my computer when you quote someone there is a whole list of them on the right. Then there is blue highlighted text that says "more". When you click on it it brings up the rest of them too...good luck!

What am I doing wrong? - Lindagerr - 01-27-2010

I will try to explain again. When I click on "Post reply" I get a new window. Below th basic heading with my Welcome, Lindagerr on the right.
it says "Reply to thread" in a blue line. Below that is "Title:" and under that is where I put the title of my post, below that it says "Message:" and under that is a light blue area that has all of the text and font formatting info including a smiley. Also to the right of where I am typing now is a light blue area that says "Smiles" and shows 15 of them then has [More] in blue.

I hope this helps

What am I doing wrong? - Ruddigore - 01-27-2010

I'm doing more to block them than to try to find them. I don't know about you, but moving emoticons can be very...annoying (if occasionally handy). I've already used AdBlock Plus to do away with the vomiting one. I think the beer one's going next...

An old-fashioned person who punctuates IMs and text messages,
R. Big Grin

What am I doing wrong? - P00057870 - 01-27-2010

I clicked both on reply and quote. There is still the area for Title, Message, and to the upper right it says Logged in as...

Underneath this box I am typing in are Post Icons. Nothing to the right and no where that I can change font mentioned at all.

Under Post Icons is another box for Trackback, and underneath that are the two buttons to submit reply or preview post.

Underneat that Additional Options, which has in it Miscellaneous Options, then Attach Files, Thread Subscriptions, and Rate Threads. Then the buttons underneat for Submit Reply and Preview Post.

Not like it is the end of the world but wonder if I'm the only one who does not have access.

Interesting also that Ruddigore (and others) would like the ability to turn off.

Oh well. Life goes on without emoticons Smile

What am I doing wrong? - cookderosa - 01-27-2010

Ruddigore Wrote:I'm doing more to block them than to try to find them. I don't know about you, but moving emoticons can be very...annoying (if occasionally handy). I've already used AdBlock Plus to do away with the vomiting one. I think the beer one's going next...

An old-fashioned person who punctuates IMs and text messages,
R. Big Grin
>>

Boooo booooo booooo lol j/k
You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?

What am I doing wrong? - marianne202 - 01-27-2010

Judy,

I wonder if your security settings on your browsers are not allowing them to display since some of them may be considered too harsh for your settings. I'm thinking it is your settings or the version of your software not allowing them to display. I see them, but I have to have loads of software enable to run JAVA, Flash etc to run my course videos etc.

What am I doing wrong? - Ruddigore - 01-27-2010

cookderosa Wrote:You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?
Actually, I can't even see him. AdBlock Plus has veiled him completely.

P00057870 Wrote:Oh well. Life goes on without emoticons
Judy,
Can you see the new emoticons when others post them? You could just insert them in your text manually (which should work if the "disable smilies in text" box isn't selected). Below is a list of IC's emoticons in two forms; one is a snapshot of what my emoticon window looks like (minus Sir Barf, of course), the other is a text document with all the raw data needed to create all of those delightful moving smiles. Big Grin

Hope that works for you,
R.

What am I doing wrong? - TMW2010 - 01-27-2010

cookderosa Wrote:>>

Boooo booooo booooo lol j/k
You don't like my vomit guy next to stats in my siggy?
You're still only at 37% on Stats??? You're slacking... Get to work! :reddevil: