Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer situation of Sophia Labs
Right now Sophia has 4 labs: Anato+ phy Lab, Microbiology Lab, Introduction to Chemistry Lab and Human Biology Lab. That is GREAT and another one appears to be underway. Does somebody know how they transfer to the main universities: UMPI, TESU, EU, etc
DO they count as Labs attached to the subjects, for example bio lab + bio 3 credits = 4 credits bio with Lab at TESU? or which is the real transfer evaluation right now. In the wiki https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List is a blank space for these subjects.
Thanks in advance for the answers and lets us hope for a Physics class and Lab in Sophia soon.
If it's blank, it's because nobody has reported in, yet. We won't know until someone reports in.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, Kab
It also really depends on what you're going to be using the classes for, if it's just general education and electives or if it's going into a specific program like nursing, I would make sure with the institution you're trying to attend, like I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...transfered
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My interest lays with TESU and how they are evaluated there, but for other people will be interesting to see how are evaluated in other parts also.
Ouch, then it's exactly as I mentioned, those going for nursing at TESU for example are going to have a tough time and have to redo these classes. On the other hand, if you're doing these classes for general education and electives, it'll work fine, it won't hit the spots for specific requirements such as Bio I/II or Chem I/II, the Microbiology class most likely will transfer the same as the Study.com Clinical Microbiology class, unless the content is really similar to the StraighterLine version, it'll be a 50/50, as both of these transfer in as different numbers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Kab
They transfer fine but appear that is without lab. The problem are the labs, if they are done will work or not. I do not know if it is worth making them or not if are not accepted. Example of degrees where they can be applied Psychology or BSBA.
(04-05-2024, 12:11 PM)Kab Wrote: They transfer fine but appear that is without lab. The problem are the labs, if they are done will work or not. I do not know if it is worth making them or not if are not accepted. Example of degrees where they can be applied Psychology or BSBA.

I cannot speak for the psychology or BSBA side of the fence, although I'm willing to bet the online "labs" would be fine for those. I can, however, speak for the nursing program for which I have firsthand experience; I can tell you wholeheartedly that TESU's nursing program has a STRONG preference for SL labs over the other providers.

I'm old, so I personally find it very hard to accept that the labs I've tried on Sophia are actually labs, but I understand it's a better choice for some folks' budget and time constraints. Although I would warn, if you plan on eventually pursuing a graduate level psychology degree, especially anything clinical; I would say take a look at UNE or SL labs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • Kab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 64,178 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 557 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 982 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 165 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 589 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,564 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 230 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 850 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,061 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 286 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77