Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition
Hi all

I'm enrolled at Sophia and taking classes to get into UMPI

I'm debating on taking the CLEP College Composition instead of Sophia English Comp 2, as the CLEP covers both English classes at UMPI

From my research, the CLEP college comp looks like it would be easier and faster than taking the Sophia course. 

Can anyone add to this and shed light on it?

Thanks
CLEP would definitely be faster and you can get it for free using Modern States for the voucher if you’re in the US.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(02-15-2024, 01:10 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: CLEP would definitely be faster and you can get it for free using Modern States for the voucher if you’re in the US.

Thanks and I think the grading is less strict as well. Im US based
I took Sophia Workplace Writing II instead and enjoyed it. One fewer Touchstones

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Hmm, Does UMPI take that course as English Comp II? I would make sure of the class and take it at the provider of your choice.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It can do a lot of people good to go through Sophia's English comp courses to get some practice in writing before attending UMPI.

That being said, the CLEP English comp would be a lot faster. However, keep in mind you have an extra transcript to deal with when applying to UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(02-16-2024, 03:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote: It can do a lot of people good to go through Sophia's English comp courses to get some practice in writing before attending UMPI.

That being said, I did the CLEP English comp would be a lot faster. However, keep in mind you have an extra transcript to deal with when applying to UMPI.
I've already passed the CLEP College composition modular and I also have passed English composition 1 at a junior college but I just want to shy away from sophia.com English ll. It seems like it would be easier just to take CLEP College composition and get everything over with in one day and meets all English requirements for UMPI. CORRECT?
Yeah, if you don't have a Sophia.org membership, skip it and complete it with the CLEP non modular option using Modern States instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-15-2024, 04:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, Does UMPI take that course as English Comp II? I would make sure of the class and take it at the provider of your choice.
Yep.
.jpg   Screenshot_20240107_235633_Chrome~2.jpg (Size: 55.31 KB / Downloads: 25)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • LevelUP
(02-17-2024, 01:02 AM)Darknigh7 Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 04:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, Does UMPI take that course as English Comp II? I would make sure of the class and take it at the provider of your choice.
Yep.

Great, we can add that as an option to English Comp II.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Darknigh7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 208 04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 63,650 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 515 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 948 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 153 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 571 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,513 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 815 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 278 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,030 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab