Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript Designations
Does anyone have a designation on a transcript and what's been your experience? Is it helpful, useful, worth it? Did your college offer multiple designations?  Was it useful for your right out of college, but not so years later? or vice versa? I didn't see anything on the wiki on the topic, I know it's a minor topic. Simply curious or people's take, I noticed we had one at the local community college, community scholar.

I'm not referring to the GPA/scholastic (i.e., Summa Cum Laude)
Yes, I can do an online search, but what I'm looking for is your experience.

Random examples:
https://uh.edu/honors/Programs-Minors/co...rams/hcce/ 
https://www.usu.edu/honors/current-stude...signations
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
Ah, these designations, I wouldn't think too much about it and work on your main educational goal instead... it's just the same as students having a "Dean's List" or similar on their transcript. All it is basically is to indicate that the student has achieved a specific honor through their active involvement when advancing in their academic journey and excelling at a higher level. It's just a little icing on the cake, the main goal for each of these students really is to graduate with an excellent GPA and prerequisites completed for their next educational journey.

Oh, and to compare at the high school/secondary level, these are similar to the Honors, AP, and IB programs where you can get certificates, diplomas, and college credit awarded due to the students efforts within each class and exam. Honors is essentially "enriched" courses, where they teach a tad more in depth of each course. AP has a few programs, cert, AP Capstone diploma, AP International Diploma and for IB there is the individual course certs, and diploma where they have to take 6 courses in addition to the CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service), EE (Extended Essay), TOK (Theory of Knowledge).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • vintage_jacket
I've taken honors courses and that's reflected on my transcripts. Dean's List and President's List are also on them. As are High Honors, the GPA for each degree along with overall GPA, degrees granted, and Latin Honors.

It seems like honors programs have been removed from many colleges today. The honors classes I took had very low enrollment numbers so that could be why the programs ended.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 467 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 589 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,367 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,271 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,848 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,538 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
Lightbulb "Arizona State Wants to Revolutionize the College Transcript" jsd 6 1,357 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh* Vle045 12 1,616 07-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Templates: High School/Home School Diploma & Transcript bjcheung77 1 1,140 06-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  University withholding transcript ImAllLikeYouWannaDoWat 61 7,979 12-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: nomaduser