Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost transcript
Hi, I’m having an issue getting copies of my transcripts. I attended two schools in my youth and the schools are closed now. I contacted parchment but they have no records. Am I just screwed? I need a degree for a promotion, but I don’t have time to do 45 credits which are now lost somewhere.  Any ideas?   Thanks!
Have you researched which school took over the transcripts? Normally when a school closes another college picks up the transcripts.
Go ahead and tell us what schools. Then people may be able to actually help you. You're going to have to get them to graduate, even if you didn't need the credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Just name the schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@mlohjj, I wouldn't worry too much on the previous credits as the NSCH should have the info if the state doesn't. What you should do right now is to decide on a degree/school you want to complete. Here's the link to the template and last post addendum, please copy/paste the info and update it with your details. We can help you further after we get more info in regard to your situation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-11-2022, 03:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @mlohjj, I wouldn't worry too much on the previous credits as the NSCH should have the info if the state doesn't.  What you should do right now is to decide on a degree/school you want to complete.  Here's the link to the template and last post addendum, please copy/paste the info and update it with your details.  We can help you further after we get more info in regard to your situation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

If OP posts the schools, and we can tell them how to get the transcripts, that a much better starting place.  Just telling them not to worry about it is not the best plan.

If they are NA schools (which I'm guessing they are) and they have a bunch of credits, it's good to know up front because our advice will change.  Someone with NA credit may want to opt for a school that will accept them, such as EU or WGU.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • sanantone, ss20ts
(11-11-2022, 03:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @mlohjj, I wouldn't worry too much on the previous credits as the NSCH should have the info if the state doesn't.  What you should do right now is to decide on a degree/school you want to complete.  Here's the link to the template and last post addendum, please copy/paste the info and update it with your details.  We can help you further after we get more info in regard to your situation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Many schools don't have transcripts in the NSCH. There are a lot of schools who do not report to NSCH. I wouldn't say don't worry about the credits. I would find out which college is now responsible for maintaining them. They OP may need them again later in life such as work or grad school. Without knowing what credits they have - if they're RA or NA - it can be really difficult to just pick a school and a degree. They said it's 45 credits and they don't have time to accumulate those 45 credits for a promotion. They may only need to show the credits to work not a degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jsd, sanantone
Correct me if I'm wrong, but NSCH only has information on years of attendance and whether the student graduated if the school voluntarily reports to NSCH. However, many schools that report to NSCH do not use their transcript service, so NSCH won't have information on credits earned. The academic records could be with another college, or they could be with a transcript service. NSCH and Parchment are only two of the transcript services out there. The state Department of Education where the school was located might also have the records; they should definitely know where the records are.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, ss20ts
@mlohjj, I wouldn't spend all my energy/time on trying to salvage the credits, I would put some effort into it and use some to get started on deciding your degree/school you want to finish with, and the rest on getting the required courses and credits completed.  Maybe split that into 3... Many people have come across schools that have closed due to unknown reasons, you need to look past that and get the ball rolling.  Focusing on that alone for now works, but I would rather multi-task and not just wait on that to happen.

My suggestion remains, don't worry, continue trying to get your transcripts from the state (when a closure happens, the info gets transferred) or through NSCH if they do have anything on your transcripts, etc.  Your most important thing to do right now is to move forward, answer questions posted by senior members here and to provide us more details in regard to the template and last post addendum I linked you earlier.  Advice I have for this member, I just typed it about half an hour ago: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid381865

Here's an example of someone who went to ITT and as you know, that nationally accredited institution closed.  By following recommendations and by providing more details on their situation, this person was able to get into TAMUC and into the desired program.  They were able to max out the 90-credit transfer AFTER they were able to get their hands on transcripts, you need to see if the school you went to transferred it elsewhere.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ch-credits
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-14-2022, 03:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @mlohjj, I wouldn't spend all my energy/time on trying to salvage the credits, I would put some effort into it and use some to get started on deciding your degree/school you want to finish with, and the rest on getting the required courses and credits completed.  Maybe split that into 3... Many people have come across schools that have closed due to unknown reasons, you need to look past that and get the ball rolling.  Focusing on that alone for now works, but I would rather multi-task and not just wait on that to happen.

Again, I respectfully disagree.  It takes very little time to find those transcripts, and then you can plan your degree around them.  Knowing where you are from the start is very important to not wasting time/money taking courses you don't need.  If you have 60cr and all of them count for the GE at EU for example, you could start getting all of your credits for UL and start/finish a degree there in a few months.  OTOH, if you have 6cr in something that's a Free Elective, you then start thinking of letting those go and starting over somewhere like UMPI.

But knowing where you are NOW is a smart way to go about planning your degree.
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • sanantone, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 468 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 590 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,369 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,857 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 615 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,541 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 629 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  77 terabytes of data lost! bjcheung77 2 752 12-31-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
Lightbulb "Arizona State Wants to Revolutionize the College Transcript" jsd 6 1,359 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh* Vle045 12 1,616 07-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore