Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh*
This might be more of a rant.  But maybe someone else has gone through something similar….
I applied at NAU a while back.  (In the midst of figuring out if I wanted to try for an MBA or second degree and finding the Walden free trial… Anyways……)

I put that I attended such and such schools and Sophia courses.  Somehow they tagged me as attending Capella.  I never attended Capella.  Never even applied to Capella.  They have ALL of my transcripts including Sophia and a now-defunct school that wouldn’t even count anyways.   So I went round and round trying to get them to remove Capella from the list of transcripts that they need.  They say that I still need to send a transcript request to Capella and if I never went there, it would come back as no credits earned. This sounds absolutely ludicrous to me.  So some person might spend their time looking for transcripts that do not exist just because someone else made a mistake?  And they offered to give me a gift card to cover the cost of the transcript.  Crazy.  It’s not really the cost - it’s the insanity of it.  I never said I went to Capella.  There’s no connection between me and Capella other than Sophia… and they have Sophia.  

Ugh!  Everything else with them has been really good.  This is ticking me off.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
And once you get those Capella transcripts, please send a copy over to the Department of Redundancy Department.  Thanks  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • Vle045
If you never attended a college there is no transcript. It's not possible for a school to create a transcript for a person who never attended the school. Sounds like you need to speak to the actual Registrar not an assistant or admissions counselor.

ETA: I do wonder if some knucklehead put Capella on your file because of Sophia. They're 2 very separate entities. Capella doesn't have transcripts for Sophia courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045
(07-16-2021, 02:02 PM)Alpha Wrote: And once you get those Capella transcripts, please send a copy over to the Department of Redundancy Department.  Thanks  Cool

OMG.  Thank you for the laugh.

(07-16-2021, 02:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: If you never attended a college there is no transcript. It's not possible for a school to create a transcript for a person who never attended the school. Sounds like you need to speak to the actual Registrar not an assistant or admissions counselor.

ETA: I do wonder if some knucklehead put Capella on your file because of Sophia. They're 2 very separate entities. Capella doesn't have transcripts for Sophia courses.

It is so frustrating and comical.  I told this guy that I contacted Capella (via chat really).  And that they said they would send a letter of Non-attendance.  Dude is making it sound like that won’t work.  Ummm… ok, what are my imaginary dates of attendance?   Big Grin  Lord help me with this one
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

(07-16-2021, 02:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: If you never attended a college there is no transcript. It's not possible for a school to create a transcript for a person who never attended the school.

Agreed - if they have no record of you going there, there is no way to "generate" something that doesn't exist for a person that doesn't exist in their database.

I'd push hard on NAU and tell them that someone made a mistake that must be fixed on their end. They're asking for something that DOES NOT EXIST! SMH.  Ask to speak to their manager if they can't figure this one out - they are too stupid to deal with.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
(07-16-2021, 02:45 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 02:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: If you never attended a college there is no transcript. It's not possible for a school to create a transcript for a person who never attended the school. Sounds like you need to speak to the actual Registrar not an assistant or admissions counselor.

It is so frustrating and comical.  I told this guy that I contacted Capella (via chat really).  And that they said they would send a letter of Non-attendance.  Dude is making it sound like that won’t work.  Ummm… ok, what are my imaginary dates of attendance?   Big Grin  Lord help me with this one

You can't fix stupid. I'm actually surprised Capella would even send a letter. Most schools would be like we don't know you bye bye. LOL Seriously you need to go above his pay grade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045
I had a somewhat similar situation at Charter Oak when I was considering attending there. I had thought I'd taken one class at a community college, so I listed it. Turns out, either I didn't, or they couldn't find a record of it. (It was a class that never met at the school, which is why I'm not certain, 30 years later, which school sponsored it.) Charter Oak wouldn't budge on refusing to do an assessment until all transcripts were present.

I finally got hold of the actual director of admissions, and that person (Bob Frederick, now retired) saw the lunacy of it and was able to get that removed from the pending incoming transcipts. It sounds like you may need to do something similar.
(07-16-2021, 03:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 02:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote: If you never attended a college there is no transcript. It's not possible for a school to create a transcript for a person who never attended the school.

Agreed - if they have no record of you going there, there is no way to "generate" something that doesn't exist for a person that doesn't exist in their database.

I'd push hard on NAU and tell them that someone made a mistake that must be fixed on their end. They're asking for something that DOES NOT EXIST! SMH.  Ask to speak to their manager if they can't figure this one out - they are too stupid to deal with.

I have definitely given them some push back on this.  I will probably give it a few days and see if I get any notification that the letter was sent from Capella.  The guy at NAU actually said something along the lines of…. If they put Capella, then it would be because another transcript noted courses transferred from Capella.   Um… no they didn’t.  Look at them again.  There’s no mention of Capella.  It’s a shame that this stupidity has to put a monkey wrench in things. I really do like everything else.  I have done video calls with an Advisor and one of the Instructors who actually went step by step showing me exactly what the classes would be like, the general course expectations, etc.  Sounds like there will be no excessive writing, which I love.  And very do-able.  This snafu isn’t preventing me from getting started, but I have a handful of other things to try to finish up first.  Although, it could hold things up at some point.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

studyingfortests Wrote:I finally got hold of the actual director of admissions, and that person (Bob Frederick, now retired) saw the lunacy of it and was able to get that removed from the pending incoming transcipts. It sounds like you may need to do something similar.

Wow, I didn't know he retired. It's been that long, I remember applying to COSC and Excelsior before I applied to TESU. Bob was amazing answering my emails in regards to many questions I had...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have gone through that several times and from time to time I still have the issue. During my military days, I was accepted but never attended several schools. They listed me as attended and I am always required to get letters from those schools stating I don't have any transcript. So yes you're not alone with this issue.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 467 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 589 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 528 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Supreme Court outlaws RACE as a factor in college admissions in ruling LevelUP 3 475 06-30-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,367 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  The newest college admissions ploy Alpha 0 407 06-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 377 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  Why Those Super Low College Admissions Rates Can Be Misleading LevelUP 0 735 04-25-2023, 05:54 PM
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,271 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Majority Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll LevelUP 18 1,485 10-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret