Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FEMA and TESC Breakdown
I've just started FEMA courses. I am taking the Professional Development Series courses. I have taken the first one so far (just submitted a few minutes ago). You take the test and a certificate gets emailed to you, correct? My question....after you take all 7, do they send you a hard copy of completion of the Professional Development Series or does that come in an email also? Or do you just get an email and a certificate after you pass each one?
You take the test and a certificate gets emailed to you, correct? YES

My question....after you take all 7, do they send you a hard copy of completion of the Professional Development Series or does that come in an email also? You receive an individual ceu cert after each unit. After completing the series a separate PDS certificate is sent via US mail.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
sayboom Wrote:Okay I'm new to all this so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question! As far as these FEMA things go, you'd already have to be enrolled at TESC before taking them right? I'm currently finishing up my AA at a B&M school right now and I was thinking about taking this fall to do all the cleps/straighterline/aleks classes I need before actually enrolling at TESC. I wouldn't be able to do the FEMA ones then too right? Do I need to wait until I'm actually 'in' or could I somehow save the results & wait to transfer them once I get into TESC? :confused:
no you can take the fema courses at any time. you do not have to be enrolled at tesc. once you complete the approved fema courses for credit you would request your transcript and have it sent to the school if you have applied. if you have not applied yet you can still request the transcripts and keep them sealed and then mail them out to tesc when you apply.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
Pinkie Wrote:I've just started FEMA courses. I am taking the Professional Development Series courses. I have taken the first one so far (just submitted a few minutes ago). You take the test and a certificate gets emailed to you, correct? My question....after you take all 7, do they send you a hard copy of completion of the Professional Development Series or does that come in an email also? Or do you just get an email and a certificate after you pass each one?
you do get a certificate in the mail. are you using these courses for tesc or just for personal reasons. if you are using them for tesc i am not too sure that those courses are preapproved for credit.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
@bricabrac....You are the best! Thanks. You have answered a question of mine more than once Smile

@emichele20... I believe that "IS-139 Exercise Design=EDM-203" is for credit and part of the Professional Development Series. If it is not, no biggie. I have all of my free electives. So, I guess you could say personal reasons.
emichele20 Wrote:no you can take the fema courses at any time. you do not have to be enrolled at tesc. once you complete the approved fema courses for credit you would request your transcript and have it sent to the school if you have applied. if you have not applied yet you can still request the transcripts and keep them sealed and then mail them out to tesc when you apply.

Thanks! Now I have something I can do before my summer classes start up hah.
[SIZE="1"]Proud military wife & SAHM
Intro to Sociology - 63[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,673 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,808 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,459 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Which school accepts FEMA? collegechick 13 9,254 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,206 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,367 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,779 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,757 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,336 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808