Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial Transcript Breakdown
Geezer Wrote:(Borrowing from previous posters)

Not including Gen Ed credits that you need

Primarily testing out you could do this.....

BSBA (General Business)

Pre-requisites
Business Communication (3) Straighterline
Macroeconomics (3) CLEP
Microeconomics (3) CLEP
Precalculus (3) CLEP

A. Business Core 27 Credits
Business Law (3) CLEP
Intro to Computers (3) CLEP
Principles of Financial Accounting (3) CLEP or DSST
Principles of Managerial Accounting (3) Straighterline
Principles of Finance (3) DSST
Introduction to Marketing (3) CLEP
Business Ethics in Society (3) DSST
Business Policy (3) TECEP
Principles of Management (3) CLEP

B. Area of Study: General Business 18 hours
Management Information Systems (3) DSST MIS
Organizational Behavior (3) DSST
Human Resource Management (3) DSST
Business Law II (3) DSST
Money & Banking (3) DSST
Managerial Accounting (3) Straighterline

C. Business Electives
Introduction to Supervision (3) DSST
Business Mathmatics (3) DSST
Introduction to Business (3) DSST

or taking 4 courses you could do this.....

Natural Science/Math

Global Environmental Science (6UL) TESC course
Biological Aspects of Aging (3UL) TESC course
Liberal Arts Capstone (3UL) TESC course
(1) Upper level courses from Empire State or another college (3UL) -or- Network Technology TECEP -or- other TESC Computer Science UL course
Management Information System (3UL) DSST

Environment and Humanity (3) DSST
Anatomy & Physiology I (3) Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology II (3) Straighterline
(other 6 credits already done)

So are you better prepared to test out of 19 subjects and take 3 Straighterline self-paced courses or test out of 2 subjects, take 3 (relatively easy) TESC courses, 1 UL course from another college and 2 Straighterline self-paced courses ? (not including any GenEd/Free Elective credits that would still need to be completed)

This or That....The Choice is Yours!!! Do da dippity!!!

I think it's official. I've chosen the latter. B.A. Natural Sciences and Mathematics it is. Although I am reading my Accounting Demystified book (and actually enjoying it) I just really have a strong interest in the sciences and mathematics and have researched what I can do with it. As most of you know, I work executive administrative positions and haven't needed a degree for them at all, up to this point, so a lot of this has to do with personal satisfaction. Don't ask me why, but I will feel "complete" knowing I have my Bachelors. I think I was confused and read the threads wrong, thinking that the BA Nat Sci. & Math was going to be just as much, if not more, work than the BSBA and that's why I defaulted to the BSBA. Regardless, I'm in the middle of my PreCalculus course (via ALEKS) and hope it can be applied to my BA NatSci&M considering the courses that I already have.

On an additional note, one of my colleges came up with a nice "surprise" hold. Out of no where. They've generally been idiots to deal with and I can guarantee things will be a pain to iron out. I obviously cannot get my official transcript mailed in the meantime. My other transcript, from my CC, will probably be at TESC in the next 1-2 weeks. Doesn't mean much because a college advisor needs both to do a plan for me....am I right? Or can I print an unofficial one?

Anyway...I'm not changing my major. It's BA Natural Sciences and Mathematics. I looked it over again and thought, I CAN do this and it's not a degree that will lead to no where. I was really inspired with a few grad school suggestions and I love Science and Math.
[QUOTE=Geezer]
Natural Science/Math

(1) Upper level courses from Empire State or another college (3UL) -or- Network Technology TECEP -or- other TESC Computer Science UL course

Environment and Humanity (3) DSST
[COLOR="Blue"]Anatomy & Physiology I (3) Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology II (3) Straighterline
(other 6 credits already done)[/COLOR]

So are you better prepared to test out of 19 subjects and take 3 Straighterline self-paced courses or test out of 2 subjects, take 3 (relatively easy) TESC courses, 1 UL course from another college and 2 Straighterline self-paced courses ? (not including any GenEd/Free Elective credits that would still need to be completed)[/B]

PS. Geezer, I already have A&P I and A&P II, so why would I need to take 2 SL courses? Just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly!:patriot: Happy Easter.
Quote:Geezer, I already have A&P I and A&P II, so why would I need to take 2 SL courses? Just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly!

I was playing it safe. Those two courses were taken as part of the Nursing program which you weren't sure would transfer into TESC. If they do transfer then you would not have to take them obviously. If they don't, then taking the SL self paced courses would make sense since you would already be familiar with the content.

Good luck with your new plan! You can do it!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Geezer Wrote:I was playing it safe. Those two courses were taken as part of the Nursing program which you weren't sure would transfer into TESC. If they do transfer then you would not have to take them obviously. If they don't, then taking the SL self paced courses would make sense since you would already be familiar with the content.

Good luck with your new plan! You can do it!

Oh ok! Well they are 4-year college credits, so I am praying HARD that they are accepted at TESC. I am REALLY going to fight for that one. So basically, I can fulfill my 18 credits of upper level via those TESC courses you listed?

OMg this is giving me SO much hope! I really feel like a graduation date of Fall/Winter 2011 is doable. I plan on finishing my ALEKS PreCalculus by this Monday night..hopefully it counts as some sort of credit toward my B.A., as I originally took it to fulfill a BSBA requirement.

Brewing a strong pot of coffee and catching up on studying!!!!....of course with breaks to come goof off here. That's just my style. I have always studied best in 20-30 minute segments..I'm pretty much nuts to be honest lol.
Quote:OMg this is giving me SO much hope! I really feel like a graduation date of Fall/Winter 2011 is doable.

It is certainly doable if you formulate a plan and stick to it.

Quote:I plan on finishing my ALEKS PreCalculus by this Monday night..hopefully it counts as some sort of credit toward my B.A.,

Reread Linda's plan (earlier in the thread). You can use PreCalc to fill in instead of Intermediate Algebra. Scan her recommendations in RED for your next victim.

Now in order to take TESC courses and finish by October 1 and graduate December 2011, you should start TESC courses by July. In order to take courses by July you need to register in early June. In order to get financial aid/loan and apply it to your classes you need to get crackin on your FASFA. Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid

At this point, whether they take your nursing credits for FREE ELECTIVES should be moot, because you can always knock off 24 FEMA's over a long weekend. So you should concentrate on Linda's list for remaining GenEd credits and deciding which credits you need to complete the 18 credit UL major area of study.

As Linda and Yenesei pointed out earlier the ones in bold will work for 15 of the 18.

Also while you are already on the ALEKS kick, you could knock of Statistics which can take the place of the Environment and Humanity DSST in filling out the area of study 33 credit requirement.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
[QUOTE=CollegeStudent7]Quick Q. Why do you recommend the Bio class be taken via Empire? Others have recommended this as well.
[QUOTE]
They have a fairly interesting selection of courses that are reasonably priced at 211 per credit hour. Their courses are four credit hours each, so you could theoretically save on the cost of books by taking three courses instead of four to reach 12 credit hours, then take the MIS DSST exam and do Business Statistics with Straighterline. That said, TESC courses cost less for enrolled students, so that may be a better option in terms of cost.
You're awesome you guys. I think with the BA, Nat Sci & Mat I will have less credits to complete and more like 9 credits/month to aim for vs. 12-14 with BSBA route.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE Transcript to TESU zzzz24 10 3,454 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,094 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,336 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,109 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,052 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU BALS, is the emphasis written on the transcript? posabsolute 21 5,077 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: badooble
  TESU lack of dates on Transcript acamp 3 1,332 07-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Last Post: acamp
  What a TESU transcript looks like dfrecore 10 2,817 06-17-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jsd