Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Upper Level (300 - 400) Class Source from Penn Foster
Howdy, I am interested in a second bachelors degree from TESC in advance of the MBA program I have been accepted to (I have free time). Someone mentioned that there is an ACE review of all PF classes pending. That would be good for them.

The TESCBA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics seems like a flexible program, and I will need 12 units in Upper Level (300,400) classes. I like the Penn Foster approach, does anyone know of PF classes that TESC transcribes in the upper level category?

They can be anything in biology, computer science, geology, physics, chemistry, environmental science, or mathematics.
you should try visiting the pla search on tesc. from there you want to go to the national guide at ace for penn foster. what i did was looked for courses that seemed interesting to take at penn foster then i would plug part or all of the class title in the pla search to see what tesc had. if tesc had the same or similar course as an upper level i added to my list. once my list was complete i emailed it to enrolled@tesc.edu and asked them for their course equivalent just to confirm. when emailing the information to tesc on your list please make sure that you attach the ace course numbers. it is quicker for them.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
I was in the same boat as you. I wanted to do math/nat sci in addition to my bsba but a call with TESC back in March took the wind out of my sails. I realized that I would have to wait until after my degree was conferred in June before taking any tests or classes.

So instead of sitting on my hands and waiting I called Northcentral University | Online Degree Programs | Online Learning and signed up for two courses non-degree seeking out of their MBA program. That was back in March and I am now done with business ethics and almost done with the second class.

Now that I am working on the MBA I have much less desire to do another bachelors at TESC.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Thanks, but I am not an enrolled TESC student yet. Would someone be willing to email enrolled@tesc.edu for the evaluation of the below courses? Only 5 of the courses are on the ACE list. I would want to know the TESC equivalent and associated credit hours.

ICS-0028 CIS 235: Structured Systems Analysis 3
ICS-0031 CIS 240: Systems Design 3
ICS-0167 CSC 104: Computer Applications 3
ICS-0017 CSC 105: Introduction to Programming
CSC 107: Introduction to Microsoft Windows® 3
ICS-0164 CSC 218: Visual Basic® 3
CSC 221: Advanced PC Applications 3
CSC 275 Computer Forensics
CSC246 Visual C#® (3
INT 128: Network Protocols and Internetworking 3
INT 215: Programming in Java™ 3
INT 225: Introduction to Database Technology 3
INT120 HTML Coding
INT125 Internet Server Environments
INT130 Internet Security
INT201 Web Site Project Management
INT203 Extensible Markup Language (XML)
INT205 Introduction to Internet Multimedia
INT210 Creating Web Pages with PHP
INT215 Programming in Java
INT220 Programming in CGI/Perl
INT225 Introduction to Database Technology
INT238 Streaming Technology, Multimedia Development, and Animation
INT242 Advanced Database Technology-Oracle: SQL

emichele20 Wrote:you should try visiting the pla search on tesc. from there you want to go to the national guide at ace for penn foster. what i did was looked for courses that seemed interesting to take at penn foster then i would plug part or all of the class title in the pla search to see what tesc had. if tesc had the same or similar course as an upper level i added to my list. once my list was complete i emailed it to enrolled@tesc.edu and asked them for their course equivalent just to confirm. when emailing the information to tesc on your list please make sure that you attach the ace course numbers. it is quicker for them.
jobee you need to be careful on this one. TESC only accepts ACE Credit, so only the current ACE approved PF courses would be considered. The rest are out. Now for problem #2. Under the ACE description Systems Analysis is only given 2 credits. Systems Design is only given 1 credit. TESC goes by the ACE recommendation not how many credits PF awards. Both of the courses are 3 credit courses at PF @ $270 each. So the reality is that you would need to take 6 credits to get 3 at TESC. The other current ACE approved courses are LL.

Now if the other courses on that list were to become ACE approved, I can see a few like the Database, Networking, Forensics that could stand a good chance of being UL. Without the ACE approval though, they aren't worth squat.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thanks Geezer, I wasn't aware of this. I understand that Excelsior accepts DETC classes directly without ACE, so maybe I go that route.

Geezer Wrote:jobee you need to be careful on this one. TESC only accepts ACE Credit, so only the current ACE approved PF courses would be considered. .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,624 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,530 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,700 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,116 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,137 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,673 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,391 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,492 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,424 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,737 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family