Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Order of course tasks question.
If you are taking a Study.com course that does NOT have any projects - can you do the quizzes to 80% each, then take the proctored exam, and then if you score a few points away from what you needed on the proctored final then can you go back and get those quiz scores to 100%? (assuming you have tries left out of your 3 quiz attempts)

Or is the course "Over" after you take the final exam and it will say "Failed"?

I know you can go back and improve projects after taking the exam on courses that have projects but I'm wondering if the same applies to the ones without projects?

Thanks!
I know projects can be, but I have never tried on quizzes. I do notice on some of my completed courses it says I have attempts left, but I have well over passing so I can't do anything with them.
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:I know projects can be, but I have never tried on quizzes. I do notice on some of my completed courses it says I have attempts left, but I have well over passing so I can't do anything with them.

Thanks for the feedback! That probably means you could go back. I want to take my test tonight so I think I'm just going to go for it, I only need a 58 vs. a 55 so it should be fine. Maybe I can check afterward.
I was also wondering this. Good luck.
Thanks! I passed. On mine it also said that I had attempts left so I took a quiz that I had 80% on and got it to 100% but my overall quiz grade didn't go up but I think it would if I took enough of them. I think it just didn't effect the overall quiz grade because it averages them so I would have to take a few to see a difference in the numbers. It doesn't say anything that sounds final about the status of my course so I'm almost positive you can go back and improve your quiz score - especially before they give you your official exam results.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:If you are taking a Study.com course that does NOT have any projects - can you do the quizzes to 80% each, then take the proctored exam, and then if you score a few points away from what you needed on the proctored final then can you go back and get those quiz scores to 100%? (assuming you have tries left out of your 3 quiz attempts)

Or is the course "Over" after you take the final exam and it will say "Failed"?

I know you can go back and improve projects after taking the exam on courses that have projects but I'm wondering if the same applies to the ones without projects?

Thanks!

Hi gremlinbrawler-

Your participation score is calculated at the time you take the course's proctored exam for the first time. So you want to retake quizzes that you want a better score on before the final to gain maximum participation points. Let us know if you have any further questions about this, and sorry for the confusion!

-The Study.com Team

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 7 235 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 266 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,539 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,647 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,783 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 769 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 378 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,051 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 779 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,929 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly