Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack
(03-05-2024, 05:52 AM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: Thanks Walruspanda for the suggestions, I will check them out! I honestly just need this Master to check some marks for Management jobs in Europe.
I don't really think it makes a difference for these companies where I got it, as long as I got it.

Will try some more research myself, so if anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them!

If you are a citizen of the EU, the following might be worth looking into at Metropolia - it's a 1 year program: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/m...technology

Details on tuition and fees: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/g...ition-fees
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-05-2024, 05:52 AM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: Thanks Walruspanda for the suggestions, I will check them out! I honestly just need this Master to check some marks for Management jobs in Europe.

Depending on specifically what degree you need, the PUG MBA is (at least for now) available in ExcelTrack and has an IT concentration possible. If you go that route, I'd take the IT courses as early as possible to make sure they're still around in ExcelTrack.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
Another: Central Washington University offers an MS in Information Technology and Administrative Management through their competency-based (“performance-based”) FlexIT Pro modality.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • origamishuttle, walruspanda
(03-05-2024, 06:16 AM)jg_nuy Wrote:
I don't really think it makes a difference for these companies where I got it, as long as I got it.

Will try some more research myself, so if anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them!

If you are a citizen of the EU, the following might be worth looking into at Metropolia - it's a 1 year program: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/m...technology

Details on tuition and fees: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/g...ition-fees

Nearly all the Metropolia Masters are at least partially class-based, except the Osteopathy and the Procurement MBA.

https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/masters-degrees
In Progress:
Open University: BSc Cyber Security
Microsoft: AZ-104 Azure Engineer Associate
Google: Associate Cloud Engineer
AWS: AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Cisco: CCNAv8

Completed: 
MS Certs: SC-300, MD-102, AZ-900, MS-900, AI-900, DP-900, PL-900, SC-900, MB-910, MB-920
AWS Certs: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Google: Cloud Digital Leader
GIAC Certs: GSEC
CompTIA Certs: Network+, Security+, Linux+
LPI Certs: LPIC-1 Certified Linux Admin
Coursera: IBM Cyber Security
TEEX: Cyber 101, 201, 301
(03-04-2024, 03:43 PM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: I asked if I'm able to enroll for the Master's excel track since I'm going to graduate before the summer. But I received official response from my student advisor and she shared following:

"The Masters in Information Technology has discontinued the Excel track and they are currently teaching the program out. They are not accepting any applications at this time for the excel track."

So it doesn't seem they're revamping it, but officially cancelling it for now...

It's a real shame, I was very interested in their Masters of Cybersecurity Management, especially as you could count some IT certs for graduate level credit.
In Progress:
Open University: BSc Cyber Security
Microsoft: AZ-104 Azure Engineer Associate
Google: Associate Cloud Engineer
AWS: AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Cisco: CCNAv8

Completed: 
MS Certs: SC-300, MD-102, AZ-900, MS-900, AI-900, DP-900, PL-900, SC-900, MB-910, MB-920
AWS Certs: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Google: Cloud Digital Leader
GIAC Certs: GSEC
CompTIA Certs: Network+, Security+, Linux+
LPI Certs: LPIC-1 Certified Linux Admin
Coursera: IBM Cyber Security
TEEX: Cyber 101, 201, 301
(03-06-2024, 07:59 AM)BritStudent Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 03:43 PM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: I asked if I'm able to enroll for the Master's excel track since I'm going to graduate before the summer. But I received official response from my student advisor and she shared following:

"The Masters in Information Technology has discontinued the Excel track and they are currently teaching the program out. They are not accepting any applications at this time for the excel track."

So it doesn't seem they're revamping it, but officially cancelling it for now...

It's a real shame, I was very interested in their Masters of Cybersecurity Management, especially as you could count some IT certs for graduate level credit.

I'm in the Cybersecurity Management track now. My class was the last to take it. My advisor has alluded to the fact that it will be brought back with an updated curriculum from Purdue to get rid of some of the old Kaplan classes.

Fingers crossed.
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

[-] The following 4 users Like fromthedepths's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle, ss20ts, walruspanda
(03-06-2024, 11:42 AM)fromthedepths Wrote: I'm in the Cybersecurity Management track now. My class was the last to take it. My advisor has alluded to the fact that it will be brought back with an updated curriculum from Purdue to get rid of some of the old Kaplan classes.

That is a real issue, so I'm happy that they seem to be looking at updating the curriculum. I noticed it more with my BSIT classes than MSIT -- maybe a quarter of the modules referred at times to technology that was painfully out of date. For a few of the papers I wrote, I literally started with a statement akin to this: "I have made some changes from the given assignment to reflect the fact that the technology referenced is no longer current." Never any pushback from the professors for my changes; they were quite aware of the issues.

So, if they're temporarily closing the tracks to new students to make legitimate improvements to them, I'm all in favor of that.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
[-] The following 4 users Like walruspanda's post:
  • fromthedepths, Jonathan Whatley, origamishuttle, Pikachu
(03-06-2024, 12:12 PM)walruspanda Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 11:42 AM)fromthedepths Wrote: I'm in the Cybersecurity Management track now. My class was the last to take it. My advisor has alluded to the fact that it will be brought back with an updated curriculum from Purdue to get rid of some of the old Kaplan classes.

That is a real issue, so I'm happy that they seem to be looking at updating the curriculum. I noticed it more with my BSIT classes than MSIT -- maybe a quarter of the modules referred at times to technology that was painfully out of date. For a few of the papers I wrote, I literally started with a statement akin to this: "I have made some changes from the given assignment to reflect the fact that the technology referenced is no longer current." Never any pushback from the professors for my changes; they were quite aware of the issues.

So, if they're temporarily closing the tracks to new students to make legitimate improvements to them, I'm all in favor of that.
Haha you should see this MSc curriculum Big Grin . Firewalls are all the rage, man!
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

[-] The following 1 user Likes fromthedepths's post:
  • walruspanda
Thanks again to you all for all the suggestions, appreciate it all! Will definitely check some of these out, will update the graduate forums when I made a decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like PositiveBelgae's post:
  • BritStudent, fromthedepths

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 424 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,279 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 948 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,641 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 698 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,365 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,468 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,244 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,189 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  will UK unis accept a degree mostly from non-traditional sources? rvm 18 2,803 09-23-2022, 05:54 PM
Last Post: rvm