Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack
It's a shame, since I chose Purdue Global for the Excel track for the Information Technology Master degree. I'm currently in their Excel track Bachelor, now I don't really know where to go for my Masters. I really wanted to finish both in a year, but that would be impossible now at Purdue Global.

Any advice for an international student? WGU is not possible for me sadly.
(03-04-2024, 01:48 PM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: It's a shame, since I chose Purdue Global for the Excel track for the Information Technology Master degree. I'm currently in their Excel track Bachelor, now I don't really know where to go for my Masters. I really wanted to finish both in a year, but that would be impossible now at Purdue Global.

I'd reach out to your advisor and see if they can still enroll you. Since they don't seem to be hard-closing the program (e.g. people still in it seem to be able to finish it), they might allow you to enter even though they don't seem to be accepting new-to-PUG students. Don't guarantee it'll work, but worth a shot at least.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
Are we for sure they removed the programs and not 'revamping' them? There may be updates in place and they temporarily have it on revision mode to make changes... I would get in contact with PUG and find out when you're done with the BS or near completion of the BS from PUG. Don't assume, get the info and clarification that there is or isn't a program for Masters with the Exceltrack format.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • walruspanda
(03-04-2024, 02:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are we for sure they removed the programs and not 'revamping' them?

Unlike with the shift from 6-week E track to 10-week C track for all PUG graduate programs -- where PUG has made an official announcement -- they've said nothing either way about MSIT/MS Cyber ExcelTrack. We know that the information for the programs is no longer on the website, and we know that programs are no longer available for selection on the PUG application...but, like you say, there are other possible explanations for this as well. I tend to think that PUG dropping the programs in ExcelTrack is the most likely scenario -- especially given how few students were in most of my MSIT ExcelTrack classes -- but I don't have any explicit knowledge of this other than what isn't online that used to be.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
I asked if I'm able to enroll for the Master's excel track since I'm going to graduate before the summer. But I received official response from my student advisor and she shared following:

"The Masters in Information Technology has discontinued the Excel track and they are currently teaching the program out. They are not accepting any applications at this time for the excel track."

So it doesn't seem they're revamping it, but officially cancelling it for now...
[-] The following 2 users Like PositiveBelgae's post:
  • jch, walruspanda
(03-04-2024, 03:43 PM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: I received official response from my student advisor and she shared following:

"The Masters in Information Technology has discontinued the Excel track and they are currently teaching the program out. They are not accepting any applications at this time for the excel track."

Man, that's unfortunate. Not surprising, but unfortunate.
Purdue University Global

Yeah sad to hear, it came out of nowhere as well really. So I will have to change up my Master plan seems like, any ideas where I can accelerate and is competency based?
I liked the Excel track since I can work on modules whenever I want, having completed 40 modules the first month so it went great.
Sad news
(03-04-2024, 04:22 PM)PositiveBelgae Wrote: Yeah sad to hear, it came out of nowhere as well really. So I will have to change up my Master plan seems like, any ideas where I can accelerate and is competency based?

When I was researching BSIT/MSIT back around April of last year, PUG and WGU were the only two I was able to find with an MSIT (or similar) that was competency-based. The usual competency-based schools (Capella, Walden, etc.) had plenty of other Masters degrees, but for some reason not MSIT.

Looking again now, I do see that University of Phoenix has a competency-based MSIT program. I'm a little skeptical of Phoenix due to their history...but some are of PUG as well, so I do want to mention it.
Purdue University Global

Actually, one more: South College (for-profit, but RA) has a Masters in IT Management that's competency-based.
Purdue University Global

Thanks Walruspanda for the suggestions, I will check them out! I honestly just need this Master to check some marks for Management jobs in Europe.
I don't really think it makes a difference for these companies where I got it, as long as I got it.

Will try some more research myself, so if anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PositiveBelgae's post:
  • walruspanda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 425 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,281 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 949 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,647 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 698 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,365 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,470 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,244 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,193 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  will UK unis accept a degree mostly from non-traditional sources? rvm 18 2,805 09-23-2022, 05:54 PM
Last Post: rvm