Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with upper level history courses, (NO Clep or Dantes or TECEP or test out)
Hello, my husband degree plan is BA in social science at TESC, and i can't seem to find any upper level history classes. He's not good with testing, so i'm looking for something similar to penn foster and straighter line, to complete 3 upper level history classes. Please help...
I am assuming you are using the enrolled options plan? If so, the following courses may meet his needs.

Penn Foster's History of Labor in the United States - ACE Course # ICS-0256. It should transfer as HIS-315 History of American Labor* but I would have it approved by an Advisor before registering.

You might also consider TESC's HIS-356 War and American Society - it's a 6 credit course. History is not a favorite of mine and I really enjoyed the class. There was quite a bit of reading but the number of assignments were no different than the 3 credit courses.

Awesome resource: KayV's Unofficial List of Course Equivalencies for Penn Foster & Thomas Edison State College.

* Description from PLA Database: History of American Labor (HIS-315). Changes in work and play in the evolution from a producer to a consumer economy; the labor movement and social protest in industrial and post- industrial society.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Penn Foster also has Organizational Behavior, International Relations, Terrorism, Victimology, etc., if he is okay with taking non-history classes.

University of Arkansas has independent study for 2 classes, Arkansas and the Southwest, and The Old South:
Available Self-Paced Courses | ONLINE | University of Arkansas

Adams State College in Colorado has a wealth of independent study upper level history courses. Their print-based classes are $495 for 3 hours.
History Courses - Distance Learning - Extended Studies - Adams State University

LSU offers 5 upper level history courses through independent study as well:
https://is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=Hi...id=102&pg=
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
go here is set it to University and History
there are are few
Online Course Catalog - BYU Independent Study

History-Independent Study in Idaho-University of Idaho
Rebel100's favorite school. $474 per 3-credit course.
History > Division of Continuing Education > Colorado State University-Pueblo
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Received email from tesc; Colorado PUEBLO HIST414 course will transfer as HIS-241, The American Revolution.
Thanks everyone...
Penn foster's SSC200-History of Labor in the United States as Tesc HIS315-History of American Labor
Tesc response to this : History of Labor Studies is not an approved course/exam to take.
keymommy2000 Wrote:Penn foster's SSC200-History of Labor in the United States as Tesc HIS315-History of American Labor
Tesc response to this : History of Labor Studies is not an approved course/exam to take.

Hmmm, American Labor History is the second choice listed under the History area of study electives. This seems like a snap judgement, I would definitely request a formal appeal of this course for transfer. They would then forward your request to the department/school. It can't hurt to try. Many students do not know they can push back on certain rush judgements where applicable. Of course, the lazy advisors are well aware of this fact. They quickly sit up straight when an appeal is requested, because they know their immediate "no" decision will now be considered by someone higher up.

The course is listed under the social science category. I would cut and paste the PF course description along with the description from the TESC course in the PLA database, and attach a copy of the pages from the current Penn Foster catalog pp86-87 (attached).

Penn Foster description: SSC200 History of Labor in the United States. This course introduces students to the labor movement in the United States using readings, online discussion, research and writing. Students will examine critical aspects of the past, present and future of the U.S. labor movement. This course is appropriate for students with some knowledge of the labor movement who want to reflect upon the workings, history, and challenges of organized labor activities specific to the U.S. workforce. (Penn Foster Catalog p87)

Description from PLA Database: History of American Labor (HIS-315). Changes in work and play in the evolution from a producer to a consumer economy; the labor movement and social protest in industrial and post- industrial society.

Attached Files
.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">Penn Foster Catalog (2014) p86-87.pdf (Size: 40.44 KB / Downloads: 0)

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 1 137 04-26-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test score rogeryoung 4 268 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,508 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,707 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 253 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 2,100 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,282 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 626 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 843 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 827 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso