Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available
I was just thinking…. Since the Universal Learner course fees are $400 to transcript, I wonder if these will follow the same rate. It would still make these pretty cheap graduate credits… if you have somewhere to use them. But if not, then it would be better to stick with the free certificate. It will be interesting to see what they charge.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • midnite123, NotJoeBiden
Has anyone graduated from the program yet? Feels like this has been going on for years without anyone finishing because the classes weren't available. Looks like there's more than the 5 classes available now. Are there multiple certificates available?
(04-17-2024, 02:42 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Has anyone graduated from the program yet? Feels like this has been going on for years without anyone finishing because the classes weren't available. Looks like there's more than the 5 classes available now. Are there multiple certificates available?

No one has done the graduate cert for credit yet as ASU just started making the "final project" available recently - someone in the forum said accounting was the one made available.

There are 3 levels listed on the page, so that might be the other courses that you see (e.g. undergrad).
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-17-2024, 05:19 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: No one has done the graduate cert for credit yet as ASU just started making the "final project" available recently - someone in the forum said accounting was the one made available.

There are 3 levels listed on the page, so that might be the other courses that you see (e.g. undergrad).

There's 6 classes now available and I think 4 or maybe 5 that say coming soon. 

It's not really clear on what courses are needed for the certificate. 

What project? Now there's a final project?
(04-17-2024, 05:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's not really clear on what courses are needed for the certificate. 

What project? Now there's a final project?

There is a boot camp class - not considered "advanced". The five graduate-level classes are listed in my first post in the thread - you can find them in the 'Advanced Courses' section of the following page: https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners

Posts # 3 & 9 in the thread mention the final project - I have pasted an extract below: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid413975

The final project module in the last class says:

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required. If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Note: Academic Credit for all Advanced Courses will be enabled by Summer 2024.

Project instructions will be made available soon."
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-17-2024, 06:06 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: There is a boot camp class - not considered "advanced". The five graduate-level classes are listed in my first post in the thread - you can find them in the 'Advanced Courses' section of the following page: https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners

Posts # 3 & 9 in the thread mention the final project - I have pasted an extract below: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid413975

The final project module in the last class says:

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required. If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Note: Academic Credit for all Advanced Courses will be enabled by Summer 2024.

Project instructions will be made available soon."

Holy cow they've been dragging this out. Weird that final projects weren't released with the class so you could work on it while taking the course. The first class came out over a year ago so going back to create a project now is strange to me. Feels very disorganized.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • NotJoeBiden

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 1 61 Yesterday, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,836 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,222 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 752 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 793 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 434 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 612 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 256 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 698 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 309 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM