Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available
The final course of the ASU 100 Million Learners initiative is now available, so 5 classes in total:

• Global Leadership & Personal Development
  • Global Entrepreneurship & Sustainable Business
  • Global Accounting: Managing by the Numbers
  • Data Analytics & Digital Transformation
  • Global Marketing in a Digital Age
https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 5 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • jch, Jonathan Whatley, MrPanda, origamishuttle, Pikachu
Woohoo. Finally. Now I am really curious about how the process to actually get the certificate will go. I know no one knows. I have only done one course so far but I think I'll get back to it. I know they expected 100 million learners across the whole program. Very curious how many people finish all 5 grad courses.
[-] The following 2 users Like KaraStarbuck's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, origamishuttle
(02-23-2024, 08:42 AM)KaraStarbuck Wrote: Woohoo.  Finally.  Now I am really curious about how the process to actually get the certificate will go.  I know no one knows.  I have only done one course so far but I think I'll get back to it.  I know they expected 100 million learners across the whole program.  Very curious how many people finish all 5 grad courses.

I finished all 5 advanced courses and got the certificate. It was like this
For me, a transcript with credits for the courses is actually the cherry on the cake. According to the page, you need to apply to Thunderbird, finish a final project if admitted, and get evaluated before you can purchase an official transcript. But there is a problem with the application system now. I can't submit the form in the final step. The error message is like you can't apply in the undergraduate portal as you already have obtained a bachelor degree. However, the 100 ML portal does not lead you to the graduate school application platform. A dead end.
I have emailed the 100ML support team. no answer yet.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 45.18 KB / Downloads: 99)
[-] The following 6 users Like xianbd's post:
  • jch, jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden, origamishuttle, Pikachu
(02-23-2024, 09:47 AM)xianbd Wrote: I finished all 5 advanced courses and got the certificate.

Congratulations! That was fast!

And thank you for sharing your experience so others know what to expect, and thank you for helping to fix the process for others!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
This is great news. I’ll have to see if I can get some of these courses done in the next couple of months..
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • origamishuttle
This is great, I wonder how it would transfer to anything if they get the certs and transcripts ready...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, origamishuttle
Does this result in real RA credit credit? How much college credit? and there a cost to convert to ASU credit?

Please let me know. I might be interested. But I want real RA grad credit but professional development stuff.
(02-25-2024, 11:44 AM)natshar Wrote: Does this result in real RA credit credit? How much college credit? and there a cost to convert to ASU credit?

Please let me know. I might be interested. But I want real RA grad credit but professional development stuff.

Yes, you can get real RA credit from ASU.  From what I understand, you have to apply to ASU and pay a fee to transcript it, but I don't know if anyone has reached that point yet to find out the fee.  It wasn't advertised other than being "nominal".  So maybe application and transcript costs?  It would be 15 credits.  It's an all-or-nothing kind of thing.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Likewise, I just finished up the last course.

To add on to what is being said above, there is a canvas module that you need to upload all of your "final projects" to, but, the last class does not have a final project loaded yet. After uploaded to each class module, it looks like there is a central module that you upload them all into where the "expert" will go in a grade/validate them. For my anyway, only three of the courses had "final projects" in the modules. My guess, based on what was listed below in the last module, is that they will be forming these up for submission by summer time.

The final project module in the last class says:

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required. If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Note: Academic Credit for all Advanced Courses will be enabled by Summer 2024.

Project instructions will be made available soon."
[-] The following 4 users Like McManus's post:
  • Darknigh7, jch, origamishuttle, Vle045
(02-26-2024, 02:19 PM)McManus Wrote: Likewise, I just finished up the last course.

To add on to what is being said above, there is a canvas module that you need to upload all of your "final projects" to, but, the last class does not have a final project loaded yet. After uploaded to each class module, it looks like there is a central module that you upload them all into where the "expert" will go in a grade/validate them. For my anyway, only three of the courses had "final projects" in the modules. My guess, based on what was listed below in the last module, is that they will be forming these up for submission by summer time.

The final project module in the last class says:

"If you're interested in earning academic credit for this experience, submitting this final project is required.  If not, and you're only taking this course for a certificate of completion or professional development, please consider the final project optional.

Note: Academic Credit for all Advanced Courses will be enabled by Summer 2024.

Project instructions will be made available soon."

Have you submitted your application to Thunderbird using the link on the portal?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 1 66 Yesterday, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,841 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,232 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 754 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 793 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 434 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 614 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 258 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 698 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 309 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM