Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(03-03-2024, 09:38 AM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: This may have already been answered, but could not find it in the comments... Is this MBA totally asynchronous, or does it require logging in at specific times for live web chats (zoom, go to meeting, Microsoft teams etc cetera). I work a rotating shift as a paramedic, I work 24 hours shifts on different days each week, so I never have the same days off. Because of this I can only do a fully asynchronous program. . . Thanks for the help.

The program was primarily asynchronous but there were certain courses that had weekly call ins with the instructor as well as courses that had group work that would require some real time coordination and group meetings. Groups were small so it was fairly easy to work out times that worked for everyone. 

The course that comes to mind with the weekly calls was micro and macro economics and the video sessions were classed as optional, but highly advised. The calls made things a lot more manageable overall. Some of the instructors would likely be willing to record these sessions so you could review later, or to send an e-mail summary of the meeting so you could keep up to speed. One instructor in particular was unwilling to do this. 

S
[-] The following 2 users Like lidel's post:
  • Darknigh7, origamishuttle
(03-03-2024, 09:38 AM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: This may have already been answered, but could not find it in the comments... Is this MBA totally asynchronous, or does it require logging in at specific times for live web chats (zoom, go to meeting, Microsoft teams etc cetera). I work a rotating shift as a paramedic, I work 24 hours shifts on different days each week, so I never have the same days off. Because of this I can only do a fully asynchronous program. . . Thanks for the help.
Mostly (4 out of 6 classes for me so far), but not fully asynchronous. I've had a couple of classes with set weekly times and with presentations (Cross-Cultural Comm) and others that had optional weekly sessions that the professor recorded and made available. They are extremely flexible, however, and offer accommodations for those with difficult schedules.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • origamishuttle
I hadn't seen this mentioned prior but Hellenic American University is an Educational Member of the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). This make their $3k MBA an even more amazing RA deal for US (and some Canadian) students.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

There's a difference between member, candidate for accreditation, and accredited... I've never noticed any job postings or entry requirements for IACBE, only some selective jobs or institutions required AACSB or ACBSP. There are many institutions in the US (or globally) that have IACBE, even the big brands or institutions, it's a good to have accreditation, but not a must. Directory Search: https://iacbe.org/accreditation/member-s...formation/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 320 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 345 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 774 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,054 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,273 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 530 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,466 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 401 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,799 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,182 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac