Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
The $3000 (total tuition) offer has been extended to November 1, 2021 - offer for US Students Only, they are a regionally accredited university (RA) located in Nashua, NH. 

This is NOT a competency based degree program.
Online, in class or a hybrid of online courses and face to face classes (7 week class terms).
It can be completed entirely online.

https://mba.hauniv.edu

"An MBA from Hellenic American University provides greater earning potential, faster career growth, and more opportunity for you. Whether you are enrolling full-time or part-time you’ll be able to complete your master’s program on your schedule your way. As an accredited university, we’re able to provide this limited time offer by offsetting the total tuition cost through scholarship dollars. If you’re looking to advance your career with an MBA from HAU, request more information now.

*The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by November 1, 2021. Limited seats are available for the term. Secure your spot now."
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • DeanLewis, suzycupcake, Vle045
Cool, it's back! Get your crack at the RA MBA for $3000. It's better than the UofP NA version at the very least...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
I'm happy this was extended. I'm not sure if I'll go for an MBA but if I do this is first on the list of schools for me.
I just wish it wasn't an MBA.

An MBA from an unknown university looks bad on your profile–because MBA's are meant for networking and are pretty much setup as a social clubs.

If I look at a person's LinkedIn and I see an MBA from 4th+ tier school–I immediately think about how that person made a bad decision in putting in the time and effort to go to an unranked MBA program. Plus,  the person likely does not have any valuable contacts. It's messed up, but the MBA is pretty much the most elitists, and classist academic qualification that a person can get in this society. In big cities where you got it–is more important than anything else when meeting people in corporate settings. 

If this degree was a Masters in Management–I would do it in a heartbeat. Because those degrees are viewed differently,  and can actually look good on your profile, even from unranked schools. 

[edit] Has anyone asked them if this grant is available for that Sales Management Masters degree they offer?
Your argument has some merit in context of someone with min. work experience in their field, late 20's-early 30's looking to use a MBA to advance.

For someone with experience, advancing within their company or gov type employment these work fine. I suggested this to a friend later 30's with a decade plus at one of the largest insurance companies, he got a $1.50 an hour raise upon enrollment and will get an extra $2 when he graduates (along with points towards promotions). They will also reimburse him when finished. This $3,000 MBA will have given him a $3,000 raise a year for enrolling, $7,280 raise after grad, even if nothing else changes.

At 54 and a student on this myself, I promise you that very few people have more contacts in my industry than I do, and not doing this MBA to get contacts.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 9 users Like cerich67's post:
  • allvia, FastTrackDegree, jch, jsd, LevelUP, rachel83az, suzycupcake, Vle045, WALLACEMC11
Has anyone here begun work on HAU that can comment on the structure and delivery of the program?
(09-19-2021, 11:01 PM)Stoic Wrote: I just wish it wasn't an MBA.

An MBA from an unknown university looks bad on your profile–because MBA's are meant for networking and are pretty much setup as a social clubs.

If I look at a person's LinkedIn and I see an MBA from 4th+ tier school–I immediately think about how that person made a bad decision in putting in the time and effort to go to an unranked MBA program. Plus,  the person likely does not have any valuable contacts. It's messed up, but the MBA is pretty much the most elitists, and classist academic qualification that a person can get in this society. In big cities where you got it–is more important than anything else when meeting people in corporate settings. 

If this degree was a Masters in Management–I would do it in a heartbeat. Because those degrees are viewed differently,  and can actually look good on your profile, even from unranked schools. 

[edit] Has anyone asked them if this grant is available for that Sales Management Masters degree they offer?

I am sorry, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  After over 30 years of work history in a few different industries, I have never seen any evidence of this.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • allvia, ss20ts
(09-19-2021, 11:01 PM)Stoic Wrote: I just wish it wasn't an MBA.

(09-20-2021, 09:35 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: Has anyone here begun work on HAU that can comment on the structure and delivery of the program?

The courses are on blackboard. Each course has been somewhat different, some had 2-3 zoom meetings for 1-2 hrs in evening per 7 week term, some just had video's to watch and materials to read. Assignments can be papers, more PPT however so far. Finance was on the cengage mindtap platform.

I choose to take one course online with the Athens campus as they are online with covid right now. That is a 15 week term and will include 2 two hr zoom meetings at 9 am on Weds twice during the 15 weeks and two presentations on a couple different Sundays. By far the most structured course but I expected that and am able to do. I suspect most US students won't do but it is one of the core courses and was available so figured why not sooner than later when offered via NH campus in 7 week term. Some courses are team based with classmates, which I have enjoyed.

Overall, I am very happy with.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 4 users Like cerich67's post:
  • DeanLewis, GoodYellowDogs, jch, suzycupcake
The MBA is the go-to management degree, and management is everywhere. Unlike accounting, there isn't a focus on a handful of companies. I would say that law is the most elitist industry outside of academia.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • elcastor21
I wouldn’t think that an MBA for $3000 from an regionally accredited university would be a waste of money. Most people probably spend that on coffee and eating out in a years time. A waste of time ? How bout turning off the Netflix.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pats20's post:
  • elcastor21, jamshid666, jch, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 325 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 346 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 776 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,060 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,275 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 530 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,469 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 402 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,803 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,182 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac