Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First off you guys are awesome, second-BABA
As a recent lurker and new poster, I wanted to first say how proud I am to have found this community, You all are truly providing an amazing service that couldnt be more needed in this day and age. I have seen nothing but awesome building up of new members and the community just has me pumped and not feeling alone at this point. 

I graduated back in 2013 with my Physical therapy Assistant degree/certification This is a very lengthy AAS degree where I completed 98 hours at a community college. Also it was a very good job making from 75k-90k making my own schedule, but as goverment policy has changed my income has only gone down over the last 6 years with no signs of returning. Enter real estate investing; as my income declined I leveraged my flexible schedule to invest in real estate and have a solid track record built up of marketing closing over 4 years. However being married with 2 kids this work is time intensive, unpredictable, and doesnt have insurance.

Id like to replace my w2 job with a medium to high end sales position that I can leverage into more real estate.
Since finishing my AAS I have completed some higher level math putting me to 105 total hours 

Goal is to leverage this mass of hours into the "quickest to complete" BA program I can find. Id like to optimally find a BA program with some emphasis on management/leadership or sales it doesn't really matter too much I think but I would like to be set up to go after an MBA if I end up enjoying school again. Based on research I anticipate WGU or UMPI will be recommended but Id rather here it from ya'll directly. 

Again I appreciate you all very much following is my info dump, please let me know if I need to provide any more info:

Your Location: Oklahoma, United States. 

Your Age: 32 (full time job, 2 kids, wife with full time job, Rental portfolio to maintain)
What kind of degree do you want?:  I want to transition to medium and eventual high level sales B2B. I have connections at a realestate software company but Most of the other applicants that beat me have at least bachelors degrees or MBAs. If I could eventually get accepted into a MBA program it would be awesome. 

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 

Oklahoma City community college Total Credits: 104 hours cumulative GPA 3.425
B10 1314 Human Anatomy § Physiology I 4
ENGL 1113 English Composition I    3
HIST 183 U.S. History to the Civil War   3
SCL 007 Success in College and Life   1

BIO 1414 Human Anatomy & Physiology II  4
MATH 1513 College Algebra  3
CHEM 1123 Principles of Chemistry 3
PSY 1113 Intro to Psychology  3

AHP 1013 Medical Terminology 3
BIO 1023 Introductory Nutrition  3

BIO 1314 Human Anat & Physiology I  4
PSY 2403 Developmental Psychology  3
CHEM 1123 Principles of Chemistry  3
HUM 2133 Comparative Religions 3

Engl 1213 English Comp2 3
polsc 1113 American fed govt 3
BIO 1113 General Biology 3
CS 1103 Intro to computers/applications 3

PTA 1013 Intro to Physical Therapy 3
PTA 1023 Dynamic Human Motion 3
PTA 1213 Pain Managment § massage 3

BIO 2102 Clinical Anatomy 2
PTA 1224 Therapeutic Exercise 1 4
PTA 1112 Pathology for Physical Rehab C 2
PTA  2014 Electrotherapy & Modalities 4

PTA  1202 Dev Cond&Treat-Lifesp 2
PTA   2024 Therapeutic Exer II 4
PTA   2113 PTA Systems/Problems  3

COM  1123 Interpersonal Communications A 3
PTA 2034 Practicum I 4
PTA  2134 Practicum II 4

Math 1613 trigonometry 4
Math 2104 calc & analytical calc 4

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 
have not explored this oppertunity

Any certifications or military experience? 
I have my PTA certification maintained.

Ty!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aries0991's post:
  • origamishuttle
I probably wouldn't suggest WGU for you. You've got a lot of credits that will be utterly useless there. WGU has no electives and not that many gen eds. I'd have to manually check, but I doubt you've got more than a couple dozen credits that would fit into any WGU business degrees. If that. WGU can be great if you prefer exams, but you'd still essentially be starting from scratch. IIRC, their business degrees have fewer exams than their tech degrees do, but it's still mostly exam-focused.

If you're okay with writing papers, UMPI is a great option. You've got a lot (most?) of the GEC requirements covered, including having a lab science, a physical science, and a biological science. I don't see a foreign language, though, so you'd need to take Spanish from Sophia or take an ACTFL exam if you have fluency in another language. UMPI's BABA degrees don't have a lot of free electives, but they do have some. For sales, you probably want a Marketing degree? We've got a UMPI BABA Marketing degree plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

I would suggest making a spreadsheet to plot where your current credits should go, that way you can see what you should take from Sophia before applying to UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • arbitrarysky, origamishuttle
I agree with UMPI but I'd recommend the BABA in Management & Leadership, it has been reported here as having the ability to get through quicker (resulting in cheaper) than the marketing AOS.  Also, marketing isn't going to help you in a B2B sales; marketing and sales are not equivalent 
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-25-2023, 08:30 AM)allvia Wrote: I agree with UMPI but I'd recommend the BABA in Management & Leadership, it has been reported here as having the ability to get through quicker (resulting in cheaper) than the marketing AOS.  Also, marketing isn't going to help you in a B2B sales; marketing and sales are not equivalent 

As someone who's completed the BABA with Marketing Concentration at UMPI, I completely agree with everything above. You won't cover sales in this program. If you want to learn about digital marketing, this is not the program for it. There's 1 class which covers it and it's incredibly outdated - like 10+ years. If you want to learn about MySpace it's fine. LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • fromthedepths, origamishuttle
Look into TAMUC's Org Leadership program!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 3 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • arbitrarysky, fromthedepths, origamishuttle
Oh TAMUC is a new one I havent heard of, and flat rate tuition out of state for 1500$ per term also. I saw you were a recent graduate when I started looking into it! congratulations! I am reading though all of your posts on this experience now to see if its a good fit. I like UMPI, but being from Oklahoma a Texas A&M affiliated degree would look much better on applications.
[-] The following 2 users Like Aries0991's post:
  • arbitrarysky, origamishuttle
Oh, right, I think TAMUC has in-district pricing for people in (some?) Oklahoma counties. If you qualify, that'd make a TAMUC degree even cheaper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • allvia, fromthedepths, origamishuttle
@Aries0991, You've done the template but missed the addendum. If you can, please update us with more details. With the info provided, you can see if the TAMUC tuition will be the same for in-state, if it is, then that's the best/better choice. However, if it's not the same and you're paying double, then decide if UMPI would be easier to finish. You're looking at TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership and UMPI BABA Management & Leadership as your front runners, maybe even take a look at the UMPI BLS with a minor of your choice as it may accept your entire credits (60 are free electives). You don't need a business degree to get into an MBA, you may want to even consider the UMPI MAOL or WGU MSML instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
So, first, I want to point out that your title is second-BABA, when it's not your 2nd degree - it's your 1st bachelor's in whatever you choose. Second, I'm not certain that you need a BABA vs just getting a BLS w/minor in Management? The BLS will utilize your credits more fully, while the BABA is going to take much longer to complete because you have very few/none of the required courses in the major.

So my opinion is the UMPI BLS/Management degree for speed/ease/price.

Second would be TAMUC IF you can get that as easily/quickly as UMPI - but I'd plan that out very carefully, as it's not as quick to get through as we know UMPI is.

Third would be EU's BLS. That will also use up your credits more fully, and you can also take a couple of UL Sales courses to use in the degree towards requirements.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • allvia, arbitrarysky, origamishuttle, ss20ts
(04-25-2023, 10:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Oh, right, I think TAMUC has in-district pricing for people in (some?) Oklahoma counties. If you qualify, that'd make a TAMUC degree even cheaper.

Budget:  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse, maintaining a rental portfolio but will hold off on new acquisitions while I am pursuing this. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings(Earllly mornings) /weekends.

Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the early mornings or weekends as long as my schedule is free. 20-25 hours or slightly more.

Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.   

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No I don't anticipate any additional assistance to come my way

(04-25-2023, 12:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So, first, I want to point out that your title is second-BABA, when it's not your 2nd degree - it's your 1st bachelor's in whatever you choose.  Second, I'm not certain that you need a BABA vs just getting a BLS w/minor in Management?  The BLS will utilize your credits more fully, while the BABA is going to take much longer to complete because you have very few/none of the required courses in the major.

So my opinion is the UMPI BLS/Management degree for speed/ease/price.

Second would be TAMUC IF you can get that as easily/quickly as UMPI - but I'd plan that out very carefully, as it's not as quick to get through as we know UMPI is.

Third would be EU's BLS.  That will also use up your credits more fully, and you can also take a couple of UL Sales courses to use in the degree towards requirements.
I Might have not punctuated well enough to get my point of my title across. I meant "first order of business you guys are awesome, second order of business; BABA"

I very much appreciate your input and ill dig into the TAMUC price situation. Speed is my #1 concern here really as well as boosting my global GPA up over that 3.5 mark in the process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,629 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 654 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 1,081 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 340 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  UMPI BABA PM&IS OR LM jac0b 4 422 01-28-2024, 07:49 PM
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 374 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Degree plan help - UMPI BABA M&L NextDestFBI 12 1,556 01-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: NextDestFBI
  I want a UMPI BABA MGMT/LDRSHP with honors HeatherCO 7 604 12-19-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: HeatherCO
  Finding my best option for BABA or Psych (or IO) JPeG 18 1,447 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM
  Simplified and Updated Degree Plan for UMPI BABA in PM & IS FM1 2 477 12-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy