Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest way to get into graduate school
Hello good people, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

I want to enroll in an MS program in psychology at ACG (Greece). I do not have a BA because I dropped out after 4 years of electrical engineering school and they won't let me enroll without a BA. They have this 1-2 term conversion program where they would first judge my competence to enroll in their MS but even though I let them know that I was studying in uni and dropped out to start my own company, they won't let me take it without an actual BA in my hands.

My first question is whether a "life experience" BA that I could buy online would be okay for them to let me take the conversion program or if my application would get thrown out and I would get blacklisted from every college in existence. I'm not trying to scam anyone or lie, I just want to do the (expensive) conversion program and prove that I'm capable of finishing the MS program.

My second question is what the absolute fastest way for me would be to get an accredited BA so that I can do the conversion and enroll in their MS. Their BA in psychology, as they told me, would take me at least 3.5 years and I'm NOT sure that it's worth it. I'm thinking getting a quick BA from elsewhere and then doing their MS is better for me. But then again perhaps finishing their BA will make my resumee and skill as a therapist even stronger.

All of that having in mind that I want to become a licensed therapist as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much
I would avoid using a diploma mill to get your BA.
UMPI BLS is probably your fastest route to a Bachelor's degree. You can carry in a bunch of your old credits and finish up in one eight week term if you hustle.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like Darknigh7's post:
  • Charles Fout, jch, rachel83az
A BLS or a BA Psych from UMPI will be fast, legit, and often cheaper than many so-called "life experience" schools. "Life experience" schools are just degree mills that have no accreditation or authority to do what they do. Buying a diploma like this is not a "shortcut". It is, indeed, a fast track to being blacklisted from your school(s) of choice.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Charles Fout
@megaworp, that's a good initial post to provide some details, but the bulk of the addendum and template is missing, we don't have an overall picture of your scenario. Thus, it'll be hard for us to gauge how fast or how well you're going to be without the info requested for within the addendum and template. Update us with the info asked for here, we will then provide you viable options: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you for your answers! Filling all the information to give you a clearer picture:

Your Location: Athens, Greece
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree do you want?: BA in psychology or easiest Bachelor's degree to be able to enroll in Psychology MS in an American College in Greece.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: NA

School Name Total Credits: NA

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: NA

Provider Total Credits: NA

Any certifications or military experience? No

Budget: Not an issue. I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I have my own company and have a LOT of time to spare for studying and fast tracking. I just want to enroll in the MS asap, either by conversion from a different Bachelor's or straight from Psych degree.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. 3-4 hours a day is doable.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within a year or 1.5 years.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No clue but would love if any unis (UMPI for example) could assist me as an international student.

I don't really know about testing-out vs competency based, what I know is psychology has always been a favorite subject of mine on which I've read a lot so I have the assumption that I would just breeze through the undergrad course, then again I might be totally wrong.. Or perhaps going for a different BA is simpler and faster, but that's what I'm here to find out!

To reiterate, my end goal is to be accepted into ACG's Psychology MS, for which I need a bachelor's. However, if I have a psych degree I won't have to go through the 2-4 term conversion course to enroll in the MS.

Is UMPI's Psychology YourPace doable within a year? I don't think I have any credits to transfer from my old school (electrical engineering school in Greece) and I have nothing in regards of Sophia, etc. Otherwise is any other BA doable, and what would the cost be? Thank you soooo much!
(03-20-2024, 04:13 PM)megaworp Wrote: Thank you for your answers! Filling all the information to give you a clearer picture:

What kind of degree do you want?: BA in psychology or easiest Bachelor's degree to be able to enroll in Psychology MS in an American College in Greece.

Budget: Not an issue. I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I have my own company and have a LOT of time to spare for studying and fast tracking. I just want to enroll in the MS asap, either by conversion from a different Bachelor's or straight from Psych degree.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. 3-4 hours a day is doable.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within a year or 1.5 years.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No clue but would love if any unis (UMPI for example) could assist me as an international student.

I don't really know about testing-out vs competency based, what I know is psychology has always been a favorite subject of mine on which I've read a lot so I have the assumption that I would just breeze through the undergrad course, then again I might be totally wrong.. Or perhaps going for a different BA is simpler and faster, but that's what I'm here to find out!

To reiterate, my end goal is to be accepted into ACG's Psychology MS, for which I need a bachelor's. However, if I have a psych degree I won't have to go through the 2-4 term conversion course to enroll in the MS.

Is UMPI's Psychology YourPace doable within a year? I don't think I have any credits to transfer from my old school (electrical engineering school in Greece) and I have nothing in regards of Sophia, etc. Otherwise is any other BA doable, and what would the cost be? Thank you soooo much!

May I ask why you’re interested specifically in the MS in Psychology from ACG?

For individuals who have sufficient working experience, unis in the UK often offer an adult entry route to their Master’s degrees. It’s usually a one year graduate diploma + one year Master’s course work. You can enroll in the Graduate Diploma as an adult learner with work experience if you’re over 25 (The age may vary but seeing that you’re in your 30s this wouldn’t be an issue).
(03-21-2024, 05:56 AM)lincolnlawyer Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 04:13 PM)megaworp Wrote: Thank you for your answers! Filling all the information to give you a clearer picture:

May I ask why you’re interested specifically in the MS in Psychology from ACG?

For individuals who have sufficient working experience, unis in the UK often offer an adult entry route to their Master’s degrees. It’s usually a one year graduate diploma + one year Master’s course work. You can enroll in the Graduate Diploma as an adult learner with work experience if you’re over 25 (The age may vary but seeing that you’re in your 30s this wouldn’t be an issue).
I'm interested in ACG because it's one of the best private schools where I live. I'm interested in the campus experience and moving to the UK right now doesn't seem like the best choice what with my work and everything. I haven't really looked into a UK Ms besides checking out the uk open university which requires a previous degree for psych Ms programs. For some other programs it looks like it's not entirely necessary, though.
ACG has a few programs that are at the Masters level, have you decided which Masters in Psych you're interested in?
https://www.acg.edu/graduate/school-of-g...-programs/
MA in Applied Child and Adolescent Psychology (36 credits)
MS in Organizational Psychology (36 credits)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-21-2024, 09:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ACG has a few programs that are at the Masters level, have you decided which Masters in Psych you're interested in?
https://www.acg.edu/graduate/school-of-g...-programs/
MA in Applied Child and Adolescent Psychology (36 credits)
MS in Organizational Psychology (36 credits)
I have, I want to enroll in Counseling psychology & Psychotherapy. I contacted them and they said I do need a BA (not necessarily in Psychology, but if it's in Psychology I won't need to do their conversion program first).

All my research until today points to umpi Psych being the most reasonable path.. I feel like using Sophia and being quick and efficient I can finish the BA in 6 months. Hope I'm not too delusional.. I do also still consider taking acg's Psych BA which would take 3-4 years and I'd be in daily classes with very young people. I'm quite divided still and would appreciate any further input :/
Don't do a diploma mill. Even if it works, can you imagine the repercussions it could have not only in your professional life, but your personal life? It could be a huge problem. Or if one day you get notoriety for a good thing, people will look deep onto you and find out about the fake diploma. You could probably get a college diploma in one or two years here, and you will be certain that it won't backfire in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like mancheseter24's post:
  • Charles Fout, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 326 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,745 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 195 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,182 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,453 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,072 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,232 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,795 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,910 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,872 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden