Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast 3 graduate credits.
I may need 3 more graduate credits for a license I want to pursue. 

Does anyone have an idea what the FASTEST 3 transciptable graduate credits can be? 

Topic doesn’t matter. I just want the fastest path affordable would be nice.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Local state grad school? CSU Global will have a new term starting on January 7th. Tuition is $500 per credit. You can take a class as a non-enrolled student. Terms are 8 weeks long.
My first thought would be graduate-level professional development credits for teachers. This should get you around having to apply to a university/program and many of them (though not all) seem to be self-paced.

I looked at the ones available from the University of LaVerne, for instance—look they would cost around $400 for a 3-credit course. You can look at the syllabi, looked at a few that require reading some texts and writing 3 or 4 essays (unfortunately they don’t specify length for the readings or the assignments). I would imagine you could knock the work out pretty quickly, would just be a matter of how quickly they would get graded and transcripted. Might be able to find cheaper or exam-based to speed things up a bit more…
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Most schools are heading into their semester break.  Some of them offer 3 credit courses during this intersession.  The ones I know of are 2 weeks long.  Check your local state university.
VESI - here is an old thread but it has the information you'd need on the graduate credits (low-cost and self-paced too).

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-graduated
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Fresno Pacific University has many graduate courses available by correspondence. Not sure about completion times, but they are starting at $495, I believe. The Continuing Education site won’t load for me at: ce.fresno.edu

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Thjank you everyone! apparently my masters has 27 credits versus 36 like normal master's do, due to the BA/MA overlap. Some states require a lot credits for doctorates, and apparently in a few states I need 30 credits for my master's to be valid for a doctorate program.
(12-03-2021, 09:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Local state grad school? CSU Global will have a new term starting on January 7th. Tuition is $500 per credit. You can take a class as a non-enrolled student. Terms are 8 weeks long.
Thank you! I'm gonna avoid the $1500 fee if I can. 
(12-03-2021, 09:35 PM)freeloader Wrote: My first thought would be graduate-level professional development credits for teachers.  This should get you around having to apply to a university/program and many of them (though not all) seem to be self-paced.

I looked at the ones available from the University of LaVerne, for instance—look they would cost around $400 for a 3-credit course. You can look at the syllabi, looked at a few that require reading some texts and writing 3 or 4 essays (unfortunately they don’t specify length for the readings or the assignments). I would imagine you could knock the work out pretty quickly, would just be a matter of how quickly they would get graded and transcripted.  Might be able to find cheaper or exam-based to speed things up a bit more…
University of La Verne looks good, and seems to not be too bad. 10 day wait, so finish a course in 10 days not too bad. Gonna try to find an exam one.
(12-03-2021, 10:00 PM)Alpha Wrote: Most schools are heading into their semester break.  Some of them offer 3 credit courses during this intersession.  The ones I know of are 2 weeks long.  Check your local state university.
Just checked, 400 per credit + $350 technology fee. YAY CALSTATE D: 
(12-03-2021, 10:01 PM)allvia Wrote: VESI - here is an old thread but it has the information you'd need on the graduate credits (low-cost and self-paced too).

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-graduated
Thank you! This seems interesting! 
(12-03-2021, 10:13 PM)Tedium Wrote: Fresno Pacific University has many graduate courses available by correspondence. Not sure about completion times, but they are starting at $495, I believe. The Continuing Education site won’t load for me at: ce.fresno.edu

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I found their website because this is a local school, very close to me. $460 + purchase of 2-3 textbooks. Good option. 3 week minimum. Looks to be an average of 15 tests.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
I really love that La Verne setup. I wish they didn't prefix all courses with EDUC, it would be a higher chance of transferring them to one of the few limited places that actually accepts grad x'fers, but it seems like it would work great for the purposes of this thread. I don't have personal experience with them, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-03-2021, 09:18 PM)ashkir Wrote: I may need 3 more graduate credits for a license I want to pursue. 

Does anyone have an idea what the FASTEST 3 transciptable graduate credits can be? 

Topic doesn’t matter. I just want the fastest path affordable would be nice.

If you've already taken Stats 101, Portage Learning/Geneva College has NCSL503: Statistics (graduate-level) - 3cr for $594. Self-paced.

U of Idaho IS has 4 Library Science courses that I think are the same pricing as their regular courses ($510/course). Self-paced. https://www.uidaho.edu/academics/online-...ry-science
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just saw this
North Dakota University System touts intercession courses as a quicker way to graduation | Grand Forks Herald

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 335 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,753 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 16,190 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,161 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,075 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,802 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,876 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 415 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,873 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 709 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz