Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options
Niketay Wrote:Ahhh I see. Is the 24 credit requirement per degree plan? Or just total? Like let’s say I completed the BALS with CS concentration with 24 credits earned through TESU, would I need another 24 credits for another degree? Or if I have all the courses I need, just the capstone? 

This is very helpful by the way. I am also waiting for an updated TESU evaluation. My last one had 88 credits with 32 credits left for a BALS with a concentration in CS.  Shy 

I do not have too many business courses, but I do have a few CS/IT courses and I thought the optional concentration would be nice.

Residency credits remain at 24 credits throughout your studies at TESU, even if you add certs, associates, and a second Bachelors. Having said that, if you're going for a second degree, you need 24 credits that are NEW after conferral of first degree. A workaround is to get both Bachelors completed at the same time to remove that requirement. For the second degree, if it's in another school (BALS + BSBA), you have a different capstone, so that is the additional requirement. You should post your evaluation without personal details so we see where you stand, I would do the BALS with NSM concentration using mainly CS courses instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-30-2023, 11:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Niketay Wrote:Ahhh I see. Is the 24 credit requirement per degree plan? Or just total? Like let’s say I completed the BALS with CS concentration with 24 credits earned through TESU, would I need another 24 credits for another degree? Or if I have all the courses I need, just the capstone? 

This is very helpful by the way. I am also waiting for an updated TESU evaluation. My last one had 88 credits with 32 credits left for a BALS with a concentration in CS.  Shy 

I do not have too many business courses, but I do have a few CS/IT courses and I thought the optional concentration would be nice.

Residency credits remain at 24 credits throughout your studies at TESU, even if you add certs, associates, and a second Bachelors.  Having said that, if you're going for a second degree, you need 24 credits that are NEW after conferral of first degree.  A workaround is to get both Bachelors completed at the same time to remove that requirement.  For the second degree, if it's in another school (BALS + BSBA), you have a different capstone, so that is the additional requirement.  You should post your evaluation without personal details so we see where you stand, I would do the BALS with NSM concentration using mainly CS courses instead...

I will see if I can get that evaluation over here. Did you happen to know by chance which courses from lawshelf would transfer as upper level arts/science credit? I will link the equivalency guide I found on lawshelf here.

Attached Files
.pdf   Excelsior-Lawshelf.pdf (Size: 137.44 KB / Downloads: 23)
(06-30-2023, 07:12 PM)Niketay Wrote:
(06-30-2023, 11:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Residency credits remain at 24 credits throughout your studies at TESU, even if you add certs, associates, and a second Bachelors.  Having said that, if you're going for a second degree, you need 24 credits that are NEW after conferral of first degree.  A workaround is to get both Bachelors completed at the same time to remove that requirement.  For the second degree, if it's in another school (BALS + BSBA), you have a different capstone, so that is the additional requirement.  You should post your evaluation without personal details so we see where you stand, I would do the BALS with NSM concentration using mainly CS courses instead...

I will see if I can get that evaluation over here. Did you happen to know by chance which courses from lawshelf would transfer as upper level arts/science credit? I will link the equivalency guide I found on lawshelf here.

Easy enough to see that only 2 courses come in as Social Science, and both of those come in as LL.  Everything else is listed as Elective, Business Elective, or Health Science Elective - none of which are Arts & Sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Niketay, Not sure if you read my messages, I do things in an orderly fashion and make sure the requirements are met...
Here's a recap and a quick copy/paste to get you to the goal, from partial info in both post #4 and #6.

Arts and Sciences Upper Level 6.0 minus Capstone Course 3.0 = One more UL Arts & Science
Any Academic Area Upper Level 9.0 minus UL Cornerstone 3.0 = Two more UL any academic area

Study.com English 305 Advanced Technical Writing an an A&S UL elective, Take English II here as well if you want to do 2/month.
Two UL courses at LawShelf (Any academic area), if you add the Info Lit courses, you're now at 19 credits
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Arts Program Avidbus 7 890 04-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: browniebo
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 5 653 03-29-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 584 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 3 377 03-15-2024, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Thumbs Down Transfer Evaluation Woes TaraD2020 8 884 02-24-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,036 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,787 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  What are Arts & Science Electives EHC2110 4 1,019 11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,851 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,097 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM