Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy study.com course?
Hi,

I was away for awhile and I almost missed the email saying that I had won a Guardian study.com scholarship.

Since I am basically done all my degree requirements, I only need these credits towards the 150 semester hours I need to (hopefully) sit for the cpa.

Any ideas for easy/interesting courses? I am eyeing the psychology classes.... any recommendations? Thanks
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
History classes can be easy if you've watched History channel shows.

Keep in mind that you have to finish Personal Finance and take the exam before you can start your second one.

Also, your month will start from the date of the email, and not when you register.

There are some undergraduate certificates at TESU that you could maybe get with some of these classes. Come to think of it, you could just go for a second area of study under the bsba. Maybe general management?
You could definitely use it to add the HRM concentration (all of these will work):

BUS 106: Human Resource Management >> MAN-331
BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management >> HRM-362
BUS 107: Organizational Behavior >> MAN-311
BUS 105: Labor Relations >> LAS-321
BUS 314: Employment Law >> LAS-100
BUS 311: Project Management >> MAN-435

Then you would just need Org Theory from CSU-Global.

You could also add a Gen Mgmt concentration:
any of above courses
BUS 121: Intro to Entrepreneurship
BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising
BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management
BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management
MARK 301: Marketing Research
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sarg123
Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure if a second concentration would help me, so if it's a little bit harder or takes too much time it may not be worth it for me. If I would think that any info in the classes would actually help me... but I think we all agree that that's not the purpose of college classes? .

History sounds like a good idea.

Anyone took psychology classes through study? Are they as easy as they look?

Thanks again to all of you, always amazing information!

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
TEEX
(08-11-2017, 06:08 PM)sarg123 Wrote: Anyone took psychology classes through study? Are they as easy as they look?

I haven't, but psychology is usually among the easiest everywhere. Especially the 5 or so common psych courses like intro psych and social psychology. Development ones can get a bit science-like.

This has been said in other threads, but I'll mention it here.

Remember that study.com courses OVERLAP and they give you credit for what you already know. So, for example, if you finish English Comp I, then you'll notice that about 30% of the English Comp II quizzes show as complete.

So if you are taking several courses, take ones that will overlap, like within Psychology or within US History. Probably others here will know the categories better than me. But it will go faster than if you jump around on topics.
Thanks for the responses. I'm almost finished the personal finance course, and then i hope to I take an accounting course - upper level, so that will be amazing for me.

I will then have 4 more courses so psychology or history is what I'll be checking out next. It's good to know that they might overlap, so it's best if I stick to one or the other.

This thread was not meant to be a review, but I was just so pleasantly surprised by this first course! I have seen mixed reviews for study.com courses so I was not sure what to expect but so far I really liked it. I like the fact that the lessons are broken down into bite size pieces, and that really fits well into my busy life, nd I like that there are so many options to learn the material, that you are sure to find a fit for your learning style - visual, auditory, and the quizzes work well if you are a hands on learner. Many of the lessons I just skimmed and went straight to the quiz, but if I felt a little shaky about the material, the videos were all excellent, clear and well narrated.

I did not feel the material was too easy for a college course. The videos explain things clearly, but the quiz questions seemed college level to me, and I had quite a bit experience taking tests in the last two years. The experience felt like being in a real classroom, just faster and more convenient.

I did not take the test yet, so I may still change my tune , but so far I really like study!

Tests taken so far:

Up ahead:
TEEX
I'm enjoying it too. The bite size bits are nice when you have to squeeze in little chunks of time here and there. I'm about 2/3 done with PF and have done it all on the app and almost all on the go. I was late starting for my month so the next course I will need to go a bit faster. Not sure what I'll pick quite yet. ?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
I took all their psychology courses. There is tons of overlap in Social Psychology and Sociology (not necessarily in how the quizzes overlap) but a lot of the same content in knowing who the major sociologists are, what their ideas were, etc. Plus they are pretty short courses - if I remember correctly less than 100 quizzes each. The others were pretty easy too. I liked Abnormal Psy even though it has about 160 quizzes but its a lot of repetition and goes fast.

I personally found study.com to be easier than everything else I tried. I have kids and lot of activities but with the app you can watch or read all the videos and take quizzes on your mobile device. I could usually squeeze in lessons while at a soccer practice or while at the playground. I even went for a five mile walk and took headphones and just listened to the lessons while I was walking. Then every so often I would take a break and fly through the quizzes.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 2 users Like rlw74's post:
  • nashpond, sarg123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 8 298 Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Last Post: louise
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,568 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,666 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,197 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 773 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 380 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,063 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,945 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 608 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 323 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue