Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit?
Hi guys as the title says does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit?  Reason I am asking, my wife is set to deploy in December and needs one more class for her Associates in General Studies. She has met all the residency requirements at Clovis so we are trying to figure out the best route to get her last class before she deploys. 
I guess a follow up question would be are there any other quick courses my wife could take to transfer into Clovis to get her Associates before she deploys? Thanks in advance!
I would go to the college in person and get them to refer you to someone who can answer your question immediately. Your best bet is to get an answer directly from them. I was stuck waiting 2-3 months at my college for a credit transfer review, only to later go in person and get an answer from them right away. Maybe you can look for an online option at the college or ask about an independent study option. Most colleges will work with you to graduate.
(10-28-2023, 01:33 PM)eliment Wrote: Hi guys as the title says does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit?  Reason I am asking, my wife is set to deploy in December and needs one more class for her Associates in General Studies. She has met all the residency requirements at Clovis so we are trying to figure out the best route to get her last class before she deploys. 
I guess a follow up question would be are there any other quick courses my wife could take to transfer into Clovis to get her Associates before she deploys? Thanks in advance!

It does say "Clovis Community College has previously reviewed Sophia credits".

https://www.sophia.org/find-your-school/

I would call the college and ask. 

My advice, however, is to forget Clovis Community College for a General Studies degree as that seems like a waste of time. I would get a near FREE Pierpont BOG AAS degree
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • sophia UX
(10-28-2023, 01:33 PM)eliment Wrote: Hi guys as the title says does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit?  Reason I am asking, my wife is set to deploy in December and needs one more class for her Associates in General Studies. She has met all the residency requirements at Clovis so we are trying to figure out the best route to get her last class before she deploys. 
One possible option is to do a CLEP for a topic she already knows well.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(10-28-2023, 03:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

It does say "Clovis Community College has previously reviewed Sophia credits".

https://www.sophia.org/find-your-school/

I would call the college and ask. 

My advice, however, is to forget Clovis Community College for a General Studies degree as that seems like a waste of time. I would get a near FREE Pierpont BOG AAS degree
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
The only downside of the Pierpont option is that the person has surpassd the December 2023 graduation deadline and would graduate in May 2024 at the soonest. But of they are ok with having the diploma sent to a US address and have someone send it by DHL or Fedex wherever they end up deployed, it would be an option. If the person speaks foreign languages, Pierpont accepted my ACTFL Spanish exams will the full Ace Reccomended credit. The speaking exam only took me 40 minutes and I got my credly badge 4 days later.
Basically, In addition to the CLEP option, she may want to see if there challenge exam options from them. You can even do a TECEP from TESU and send that in, it really doesn't matter as long as she completes the transferable credits. You need to check the community college requirements...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Which Clovis CC? There are at least two, one in CA and one in NM (which is the one most often spoken about here). She should definitely speak with the school directly and be specific about transfer options for military. Many schools will take alternative credits such as ACE for military students but not for the general population.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Yes, investigate which Clovis this is, and also see which options they can/will accept for transfer credit. Get the Associates requirements completed and apply for graduation quickly, if that's the final course and can be transferred by ACE/CLEP options, that'll be best.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 195 Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 63,542 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 507 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 945 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 149 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 566 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,491 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 807 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,027 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 275 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77