Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options?
With the updated MSCSIA at WGU you can transfer in more than half the degree with certifications: MSCSIA (wgu.edu) It doesn't actually start until next week, so no feedback is available yet, but hopefully people will start sharing on reddit soon after.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
"computer science or related field?" - so many related field options, what is the work you're hoping to do?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • suzycupcake
Wgu does not have master in computer science, but they have a very good program in master cybersecurity. I finished with the old program. In the new program, you can get more certifications and it is more recognized in the IT industry. If you want to know more. You can message me.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • suzycupcake
Basically, In order to help you pin-point which option are best for you... You really need to provide more details as to a few things that's found on the addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid363958
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
University of colorado boulder offers MSc in Computer Science and Data Science on Coursera, I heard you can do some of their Coursera courses first and earn credits towards your degree (need to be checked).
BEng(Mcgill) BSc(Lond.) MPhil(UCL) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MA(Athabasca) 
MBA (ENEB/UE1) 
Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence (ENEB/UE1) - in progress
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planning:
BA History/ Anthropology/ Archeology
(05-26-2023, 01:55 PM)techmama Wrote: Hey everyone. So I applied to graduate TESU with BACS in September. It’s too late to do the bachelors to masters program. So now my question is, what is the fastest and easiest way to get a masters in computer science or related field? Should I continue at TESU or go to WGU or somewhere else? I like TESU because I live in NJ and the campus is here so it feels like it’s more credible around here vs WGU where people assume it’s a diploma mill. BUT I’m willing to go anywhere that’s easy…. As in I hate writing papers lmao but I guess that’s what grad school is, right? I actually have no clue the structure of courses in grad school… but yeah I’m just looking for the easier and fastest way. What do you guys think?
The fastest graduate degree in attack related field is definitely going to be one of those degrees from WGU. I'm pretty sure they have a master of science and information technology. They also have a Master's of Science in data analytics that I know folks have gotten done in one term.

The other option would be the master science and information technology management from Purdue university, which I heard people completing in 6 months or less.

If you want a master side to computer science that you can complete quickly, the shortest time I've seen is about one year. I would check the University of Colorado at boulders Master science and computer science that's offered through Coursera. I think the fastest you can complete that is about 10 months, but that would be going super intense and taking two courses per 8 week term.

From what I understand from talking with someone Ball State University in Indiana is offering a similar program for their Master science and computer science, but it looks like the assumed prerequisite knowledge isn't as intense as University of Colorado is.
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcjon77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-27-2023, 03:32 AM)HVzR5 Wrote: University of colorado boulder offers MSc in Computer Science and Data Science on Coursera, I heard you can do some of their Coursera courses first and earn credits towards your degree (need to be checked).

I'm doing a CU Boulder masters on Coursera, and yes, the courses are all available on Coursera.  The only differences between the "Coursera" versions and the "for credit" versions are additional assignments or final exams.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 2 users Like spohara's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
(07-27-2023, 01:30 PM)spohara Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 03:32 AM)HVzR5 Wrote: University of colorado boulder offers MSc in Computer Science and Data Science on Coursera, I heard you can do some of their Coursera courses first and earn credits towards your degree (need to be checked).

I'm doing a CU Boulder masters on Coursera, and yes, the courses are all available on Coursera.  The only differences between the "Coursera" versions and the "for credit" versions are additional assignments or final exams.
Can you tell me how much more from the coursera version please? Say there are 4-5 weeks on coursera version for a course and how much more added for the for credit version please? I am considering finishing all coursera version before upgrading it to paid for credit version to complete the add ons finals. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 203 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 320 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 774 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 523 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 750 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 413 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,417 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,916 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 655 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 466 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM