Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Algebra no Proctor
Hello everyone
I currently need to complete my final credit for a College associate degree, and all I need is Algebra. I've been struggling with the subject and am looking for the most straightforward method to pass this course. Ideally, I hope to enroll in a college with a mail proctor system similar to Penn Foster's. Unfortunately, the institution I'm attending in Miami FL requires a regionally accredited institution, and Penn Foster doesn't meet this requirement.
Does anyone know of any other options? I've been researching various forums without much luck. If there's a recommendation where live proctoring isn't necessary and maybe something AI-driven is in place, that would be perfect
Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Update: Barry University and I do not have a particular budget in mind; I want my credit in the easiest way possible
Will they take CLEP College Algebra? A lot of schools that won't take ACE credit will take CLEP. You could do it at a local testing center.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Hmm, that's a little bit of info, but maybe not enough... you could have provided the name of the institution so we can see what alternative credit they accept (if any). Providing us more details would be best to allow us to see the entire picture... With the limited info you have, you've not mentioned the budget either, you can take a look at these: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I got you: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/college-algeb...g-mat-117/

$425 total. Complete the course as fast as you are able to do so. It uses ALEKS. I believe it uses the Respondus Lockdown Browser at the end to make sure you're not cheating, but it's not live proctored. I don't think it even uses the webcam, though I could be mistaken.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle, Pikachu
Thank you I will check it out
You might want to get in contact with your institution... If you click onto the link I provided and did a search, ASU also has a College Math option. If your institution takes that over College Algebra, that should work and should be easier for you (or other math-phobes).

(08-10-2023, 05:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You might want to get in contact with your institution... If you click onto the link I provided and did a search, ASU also has a College Math option.  If your institution takes that over College Algebra, that should work and should be easier for you (or other math-phobes).

@smilingtimes - If you're considering moving on towards a bachelor the Algebra will almost certainly get you the most ROI (far more bachelor options would require it as a requirement vs the lower College Math option - best get it out of the way now, won't cost you any extra)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ss20ts
That's correct, as mentioned by allvia, College Algebra is going to most likely give you the most ROI/Value if you continue onward from the Associates to Bachelors later on. Having said that, because you don't have a set budget for this course and also have been struggling to get the math credit, I would still see if they accept the College Math course first. This would be your stepping stone to get that Associates. If they need a second higher level math than that, you can do College Algebra as a ladder, you're paying an extra course for $425, but that'll get you extra learning/knowledge, it's not a waste of money.

Just went to their website and found the following about ACE credit: https://barryustorage.blob.core.windows....licies.pdf

Credit for formal courses and educational programs sponsored by noncollegiate organizations and evaluated by the American Council on Education’s Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction and the University of the State of New York’s National Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction will be accepted in transfer with the permission of the dean of the school into which the credits are transferring.

They also accept CLEP exams: https://barryustorage.blob.core.windows....t-clep.pdf

College Math comes in as MATH 107 + an elective (6cr)
College Algebra comes in as MATH 108 or MATH 109 (3cr)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, LevelUP, origamishuttle
Oh, Interesting, that's so weird... I wonder why they won't accept Penn Foster courses then, they've got ACE credits. Further to that, NPNSI changed their name to the current NCCRS, if that's the case, you should email/contact the institution again to verify any ACE/NCCRS provider would work. Maybe the math course at Penn Foster had their ACE recommendation expire, as they most likely do not accept Nationally Accredited institutions.

OK, so, just checked Penn Foster and their course offerings that still have ACE recommendation when I checked the 'active' option, in total, they only have 10 courses left. It seems they're no longer putting any courses back on renewal at all, which is an indication they're going down or out of the ACE arena. Here are the 10 courses left... College Algebra is NOT on the list!

Business Statistics ICS-0044 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Computer Applications ICS-0167 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Earth Science ICS-0208 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Foundation Skills in Math ICS-0244 MAT100 09/01/2021 03/31/2025 3
Intermediate Algebra ICS-0254 09/01/2021 03/31/2025 3
Introduction to Biology ICS-0207 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Introduction to Business ICS-0046 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Nutrition ICS-0160 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Pre-Calculus ICS-0240 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3
Principles of Management ICS-0069 09/01/2021 08/31/2024 3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 151 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,237 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,610 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,978 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 268 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 547 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 426 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 755 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 222 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 261 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP