Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option
I'm currently enrolled in COSC, and trying to get my credits for my BA in Business and Management from cheaper sources.
I already fulfilled all of my free electives and liberal arts credits, and I just need the course specific to my major.

does anyone know if COSC accepts  study.com, straighterline, or saylor courses? and if not those, then CLEP/DSST/TECEP?

I need to take Business Law, Organizational Behavior, Managerial accounting, Management Info Systems, and any two classes of these options below \/\/\/
MGT 350 Entrepreneurship
MGT 351 Managing a Growing Business
MGT 352 Financing Entrepreneurial Ventures
MGT 353 Eval New Bus Opportunities
MKT 310 International Marketing

I'm looking for fastest, and cheapest options overrall. what should I take?
Unfortunately, COSC is not great for this, at all. They used to be, but not any more. There are no alternate sources that they'll accept for these classes these days. Your options essentially boil down to taking the classes from COSC itself (thankfully, their tuition is pretty low) or switching to a school that is more reasonable about alt credit and that should be faster/cheaper. UMPI would almost certainly be faster/cheaper, even if you have a few extra classes to complete. TESU would accept more alt credit but would cost more than UMPI. They can definitely be cheaper than COSC, though.

COSC would be $329 x 15 + 6 credits for cornerstone & capstone = $6909
UMPI is as cheap as $3000, maybe $4500 for 2-3 sessions.
TESU depends on whether you do a flat rate term with them or pay the residency waiver fee.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@ice.paint, Welcome to the board, it's great you're asking questions and getting answers to them, but you're not providing enough information. Did you complete the cornerstone/capstone from COSC yet? Have you searched the equivalency for those providers you mentioned? Have you asked COSC what options are available or searched from their approved provider list, or their master exam list? You may want to paint a bigger overall picture of your scenario by filling in the addendum and template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
thanks @bjcheung77!
Currently enrolled in a COSC Accredited Learning Seminar Abroad
Current Regional Accredited Credits:

Touro University, Total Credits: 24
- fulfilled most GEN ED requirments. A

Foriegn Instituiton, (ECE) Total Credits: 31
- Fulfilled 12 hours free electives, 30 hours Liberal Arts credit

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:
Clep : 3 credits
- English Comp 62
Sophia Credits: 3 credits
- Intro to Tech 98%

Other Credits:
Currently enrolled in a COSC Accredited Learning Seminar Abroad, earning Total Credits: 24
- in middle of earning these for the next two semesters
- fulfills most of the pre-requisites for Business Major.

I have not completed any Cornerstone/Cap with COSC, I'm enrolled in Cornerstone for spring semester.
I've tried asking COSC wich classes they accept from outside credit sources, but unfortunately the answers have not been clear, wich is why I'm hoping someone who has maybe taken these courses as well can shed some light.

I know that COSC accepts credits from study.com, straighterline, CLEP.... but I'm not sure what each course transfers as-
specifically, has anyone tried taking Straighterline Business Law instead of the CLEP? Will COSC accept it and is it easier?
I saw Saylor has alot of Business Administrations courses avaiable, but I cant seem to find any master transfer list for COSC...
Same problem for study.com as well.
If anyone knows where I could find out such information, or has done study.com/saylor, and knows wich courses transfer as what, that would be super helpful!
I'm planning on trying to finish my degree as quickly as possible, and the classes I mentioned in my first post are the ones that are not being taught in my current program, and wich I need for my BA.
Im looking for the cheapest way to earn Credit for those classes, aside from taking them with Charter Oak itself.
I'm able to study at least three hours a day if neccessary, but I prefer doing notes-based assignments or tests to CLEPS.
I'm trying to finish my degree within the year, and graduate August/December date with COSC.
If Charter Oak doesn't list an alt-credit provider here, with the possible exception of workplace training (e.g., military), they will not accept them:
https://www.charteroak.edu/cpl/credit-for-courses.php

Study.com maintains a list of courses for its transfer partnership with Charter Oak here:
https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html
Note that the list includes only a small proportion of study.com alt-credit courses, and very few with upper level credit. Note that in small print underneath the list of courses, it stipulates that Charter Oak only accepts Study.com courses with a student grade of at least 80%.

Sophia maintains a list of courses for its transfer partnership with Charter Oak here:
https://charteroak.sophia.org
Note that the page first lists courses in the transfer agreement, then lists courses whose acceptance is uncertain. I expect they're all lower level. Note that in large print above the lists of courses, it stipulates that Charter Oak only accepts Sophia courses with a student grade of at least 80%.
Non RA: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...e_prov.php
After reviewing these, you may want to check the equivalency links for SL, Sophia, Study.com
I think your only option is Study.com for Business courses, as I see about 3-4 classes...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For the bolded classes you need I'd say do CLEP or DSST. for the upper level electives you can check out the TECEP tests to see if any fit your interests.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,164 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,913 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,444 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,121 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,363 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,927 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,300 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,936 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,687 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Does Cosc waive GE for second degrees or needs to be met? Kab 7 1,610 02-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Kab