Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Intro To Computing - use for Nat Sci/Math for TESC Business Degree?
#5
Paul Wrote:IF we use DANTES Intro to Computing (listed in the TESC College Catalog DANTES Exams as a Natural Sciences/Mathematics) for #3 Other Natural Sciences will that work or will it violate the MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST TWO SUBJECT AREAS rule?

One more question: the Statistics required for this degree - Is that the Introduction to Statistics or the Business Statistics? Seems like I remember reading somewhere it is the Introduction to Statistics but I can't find the thread.
Thanks for your help!

Edit: I have changed some of the information in this post because I gave some wrong info earlier.


Technically, yes, taking the Intro to Computing exam COULD count for your final 3 credits for Natural Science/Math requirements; HOWEVER, since Intro to Computing is listed as one of your core business requirements on the TESC template, it cannot be used for both your core business requirements AND your General Ed requirements.

I'm working on the same degree at TESC.....I took the CLEP Natural Sciences for 6 credits. That way, I could use the surplus 3 credits to apply toward my General Ed electives. To fulfill your remaining three Nat Sci/Math credits, you could take CLEP Natural Sci like I did and have 3 extra credits, or you could take DSST Astronomy, Environment & Humanity, Physical Geology, College Algebra, Physical Science; or you could take CLEP College Algebra or Calculus (all worth 3 credits).

And yes, the Principles of Statistics DSST will satisfy the stats requirement for your BSBA. You don't need to take the Business Stats class unless you just want to. Big Grin
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Intro To Computing - use for Nat Sci/Math for TESC Business Degree? - by Levi - 01-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,660 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,270 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,743 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,353 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,269 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,569 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,562 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,016 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,355 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,198 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)