Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schools that accepts ALEKS and FEMA-Oklahoma
Out of curiosity, I decided to email several Oklahoma colleges to see which ones will accept ALEKS and FEMA. The replies started coming in today and most of them are positive.

From Southern Nazarene University:

Delania,

We do accept these, but let me add a little clarification. We would have to have official documentation or ACE transcripts.

On the Aleks courses, we would actually need to look at the syllabus. For example, we do not accepting Beginning Algebra for math credit. It must be Intermediate Algebra. So there is a possibility that some Aleks courses don't transfer.

With the FEMA courses, there may be a limit to the amount we would accept. Any upper division credit would have to be approved by the department chair of the area you are interested in studying. Let me give you an example. Let's say you had a FEMA course in Emergency Management Response and you wanted to major in business here. The Chair person of the Business Department would make the decision if that course would substitute for Principles of Management.

That is a long explanation to say that we will accept the credit, but all of the credits may not apply to your degree.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Charles S. Chitwood, D.Min.
Registrar & Associate Professor
Southern Nazarene University
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Bethany, OK 73008
Ph: 405.491.6386
Fx: 405.717.6270

From Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Dear Delania:

SWOSU awards credit for any ACE recommendations if they are courses that we teach on this campus.

Thanks,
Bob Klaassen
Registrar
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
Office: 580-774-3001
FAX: 580-774-3795

From the University of Central Oklahoma:

Delania,

After checking the ACE guide, UCO will award credit for the following ALEKS courses:

Business Statistics

College Algebra

College Algebra with Trigonometry

Intro To Statistics

PreCalculus

Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

Trigonometry

Beginning Algebra and Intermediate Algebra could be used to meet a math deficiency, but you would not earn any credit hours.

I could not find where FEMA is listed in the ACE guide, if you found them, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Jill Langston
Coordinator of Academic Records

From Western Oklahoma State College:

Delania,

Yes, we do accept ACE recommended hours for lower division education, but not for VO-Tech level. They also have to be equatable to a course we offer before we would accept them. I would have to see the actual transcript to let you know exactly what we would accept.

I have not seen any of the FEMA hours you referred to. I would have to see an official transcript or document to be able to assess that for possible credit.

Hope this helps,
Lana K. Scott
Director of Admissions & Registrar
Western Oklahoma State College

From Oklahoma City University.
What are you perusing? I know our PLUS department accepts some ACE recommendations but we would need to check with them. If you are not with the PLUS department, I think we would have to petition to have it accepted.
I know that doesn’t answer your question but let me know what you are perusing and I’ll take that from there.

Charles L Monnot/Registrar
Oklahoma City University
2501 N. Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
(405) 208-5295
(405) 208-6047 - Fax
1-800-633-7242 Ext:5295
cmonnot@okcu.edu

I'm still waiting for several replies so I'll post those as they come in.

My youngest son, who hates math, graduates this year and was dreading college Algebra so this is good news for us.

If colleges here are willing to accepts ALEKS, I'm sure there are many in other other states who will also.

I'll follow up with the colleges that need more information on FEMA and keep everyone updated on that also.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 32 credits
Oklahoma City Community College - 9 credits
Charter Oak State College - 3 credits
Penn Foster - 4 credits
BYU Public Speaking (IS) - 3 credits
UP- 21 credits
FEMA - 14 credits
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Intro to Statistics, Behavioral Science Statistics, and Business Statistics
CLEPS - Analyzing Lit (55), Human Growth and Development (65), Educational Psychology (63), American Lit (64)
DSSTS - Here's to Your Health (435), Environmental Science (58), Business Ethics (442)

Completed my COSC BS with a concentration in Psychology in Jan. 2012.
Completed Penn Foster Animal Care: Dogs Certificate in April 2012
Completed Penn Foster Natural Health Care for Pets Certificate in May 2012

Messages In This Thread
Schools that accepts ALEKS and FEMA-Oklahoma - by okiemom - 03-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 300 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Which schools accept NCCRS? wow 12 535 08-17-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: wow
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 11 3,848 05-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 453 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 700 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 918 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 947 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 1,115 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 554 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 803 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill