Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rant about "affordable" MBA programs
#9
(08-05-2024, 09:41 AM)wow Wrote: That's wild about the UoPeople advisor. Someone unwilling to talk to half the student population should not be in that position. Freedom of religion is fine, but does not include freedom to impose your religion on other people. Was there at least a process for switching advisors?

(I agree though that it has become too expensive for what it is. I took one class there and the peer grading process was excruciating--and this comes from someone who has generally had positive experiences with peer grading outside of University of the People. I got so tired of people with poor English giving me, a professional writer and editor of more than 20 years at that point, zero grades for my "poor grammar.")

Also, do you know about the ASU Thunderbird 100 Million Learners program? It's been talked about elsewhere on this thread. It's a free certificate program consisting of 5 graduate level courses in various business and leadership topics. There is also an undergraduate version.  Eventually there will be the possibility of earning academic credit for these, as well, but if you're don't need the degree for a job, I would think the certificate should suffice. Just do a search for "ASU 100 million learners".
None of my emails or questions were getting answered. They went ignored so I droppedtge program. Then I get an email from a female that said I am writing to you on behalf of your advisor to not drop the program. I just never looked back. 

I am signed up for ASU 100 million learners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Heartstrings's post:
  • Vle045
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Rant about "affordable" MBA programs - by wow - 08-05-2024, 09:41 AM
RE: Rant about "affordable" MBA programs - by Heartstrings - 08-05-2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Rant about "affordable" MBA programs - by wow - 08-14-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: Rant about "affordable" MBA programs - by Kab - 08-16-2024, 01:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 3,536 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,133 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  3 Woolf Partnership Programs - AI, CS, Software Engineering bjcheung77 16 5,020 05-25-2026, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Eleanor
  Self-Paced (not CBE) Graduate Programs freeloader 9 3,017 03-05-2026, 01:13 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Any MPA Programs (Master of Public Admin) Channy 29 9,996 02-24-2026, 03:14 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  List of cheap online Masters programs bjcheung77 8 12,360 12-22-2025, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit Transfer for OTHM/Qualifi Level 7 Diplomas to U.S. Master’s Programs Donato88 1 1,883 12-11-2025, 09:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 79 192,786 10-11-2025, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Next Steps After UMPI: Considering Law School vs. MBA Programs Mjake260 3 1,817 08-17-2025, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Prestigious and rigorous online programs in CS/AI soba 15 13,106 06-26-2025, 03:42 PM
Last Post: davewill

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)