Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Master's degree after an online degree
#13
(07-26-2024, 12:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 02:51 AM)Sherwood Wrote: Planning to finish my Metropolia Degree in August.
From the 1st of January 2023 don't give a paper degree but a "Digital Degree Certificate". It was a bit disappointing.

For those who finished an online degree from UMPI, Metropolia, WGU, TESU, etc.:

1. Did anyone enroll for a master's degree outside of the mainstream TESU/WGU/UMPI/etc. ?
2. I saw online master's programs from Nordic countries. Free for EU citizens. Does anyone have experience enrolling there?
3. Have you heard of people getting past the immigration requirements with those degrees?
4. Did people get government jobs with those degrees? Especially the ones where a degree is a "check-the-box" kind of requirement. In my country, it's mandatory to have "any degree" for 95% of government jobs.
5. Did anyone get an English teaching job in Asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.? They all need "a degree" as far as I know

I have 2 bachelor's degrees from UMPI. I went on to grad school right away. I have attended 3 different universities for my graduate students. I completed my MBA and am now completing my second master's which I will finish in November. I attended 2 typical RA American universities for my MBA. Once I completed my MBA, I did attend WGU for 1 term and hated it. I went back to where I finished my MBA. 

Lots of people work for various governments with degrees from UMPI, WGU, TESU, etc. They are RA degrees so in the US and much of the world there's no problem with them.

Immigration is about far more than a degree. It's rare that a degree alone will get you immigration. This will vary from country to country and the policies change often. 

What exactly are you looking to do? Your post if kind of all over the place. Reading this it sounds like you're trying to figure out how to do multiple things which may or may not work depending on your specific situation.

Regarding immigration:
It's more of a curiosity question about the acceptance levels for such degrees.

Government jobs:
In my country there is an agency that checks the degree somehow, so I guess it's very individual. Metropolia gives an online degree with a QR code.
Seems like that could be an issue, but maybe it's common nowadays and I'm just unaware.

Grad school:
The masters & MBA that you finished, were they in the same field of study as your bachelor degrees? And may I ask, what subjects did you graduate in?
About: EU citizen. Software dev 7+ years.
Plans:  Master's degree from a recognized EU B&M university.
Done:  Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (BEng)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Master's degree after an online degree - by Sherwood - 07-26-2024, 01:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,380 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,131 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 273 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 3 787 08-30-2026, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Transferring from community college to an online Bachelor's program daydream 9 3,185 07-08-2026, 07:32 PM
Last Post: daydream
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,491 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 644 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Help=how value SCQF11+ Italy MU2 master by UK ENIC ? pine333 0 432 06-24-2026, 07:27 AM
Last Post: pine333
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,464 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,626 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)