Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
(10-05-2023, 07:45 PM)lidel Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, that's an update, I always thought that the UpGrad partnership was to use the courses on UpGrad's platform instead.  So, practically everything would be done on the UpGrad end, you may have some of that done by Edgewood, but from reading the post above, seems different than what I understand it to be...

I went digging through my notes from my Upgrad interview as I seemed to remember something about this. I was told EC uses Blackboard and that they provide all the education aspects, with Upgrad providing student, tech, and delivery support. 

The Upgrad rep had a very thick accent, and when he was talking fast, I had a hard time understanding him, so I called the phone number of the EC site and spoke to an advisor to ask some questions.  She has an Edgewood College e-mail address, but said she works for Upgrad also. 

Some of the things she said conflicted with what the Upgrad representative told me. Examples are that she said the courses were 7 week terms and with one course at a time, would take 4 years to complete the program. I had mathed it out to be more like 2.5 years based on six courses a year so I'm not sure how she came up with that. 
The Upgrad information shows that some courses are six weeks and the four dissertation and research-based courses are 8 weeks. The Upgrad website advisor said that it could be completed in two years with one course at a time.

I questioned the differing information with the Upgrad rep, and he said that the discrepancy was because the international students don't follow the typical fall-spring-summer semester system. 

I'm not from the US, but I did question why the discount isn't available to American residents. I was told that it is because they can qualify for other forms of government financial aid that are not available to International Students.

Hope this helps.

S

I had another Upgrad rep randomly reach out to me yesterday, asking for a conversation. I wasn't interested in doing another phone call, but I did ask a couple of other questions that I had regarding their cancellation policy and their policy for if a student wants to hit the pause button on studies to deal with a family emergency or take a vacation. Here was the response I got back. I figured I would post it for anyone else considering the program.

Regarding the flexibility of the Edgewood College DBA program:
  • The program is thoughtfully designed to accommodate the needs of working professionals, like yourself. Typically, it requires an average commitment of 15 hours per week to complete successfully.

• While we recommend striving for a continuous learning experience, we do understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise. In such cases, we can assist you in taking a pause or break from your studies. It's important to note that there is generally a 10% deferral fee, but this is subject to consideration by our committee based on the specific situation.

• The absence of an immediate break option in our program is a deliberate choice, driven by our commitment to support learners in completing their studies in a continuous manner. While we do offer the flexibility of a deferral when necessary, our primary aim is to encourage students to pursue their education without interruptions, making the alternative option of a break available only in cases of genuine need.
For your queries about program cancellation and refunds:
  • For the Edgewood DBA Program, there is an initial block fee of USD 1000 or CAD 1350, which is adjusted against your total tuition fees after any applicable scholarships. For instance, if your tuition fee is USD 13000, you are required to secure your seat by paying the initial block amount of USD 1000 within 24 hours of receiving the offer letter. The remaining USD 12000 can be paid according to a mutually agreed-upon payment plan within the following 7 days.

• Refunds are applicable in two scenarios:

• Pre-Cohort: If you request a refund before your cohort begins, you will be eligible for a refund of all payments made (excluding the block fee of USD 1000) without further deductions.

• Post-Cohort: Once your cohort has commenced, refunds are not available. However, please be aware that we are committed to working with you to overcome any challenges that may arise, ensuring your continued learning experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 - by lidel - 10-07-2023, 11:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South College DBA cc95 91 7,282 09-17-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: cc95
  South College DBA Journey Completed maxxor6868 8 431 09-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 20,923 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 1,708 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 13,639 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
  UpGrad DBA Golden Gate U - 70% scholarships for 5,000 students smartdegree 81 14,167 02-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 6,214 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 601 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New DBA on Upgrad by ESGCI OtterDen 34 6,949 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 3,991 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM