Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
#33
(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, that's an update, I always thought that the UpGrad partnership was to use the courses on UpGrad's platform instead.  So, practically everything would be done on the UpGrad end, you may have some of that done by Edgewood, but from reading the post above, seems different than what I understand it to be...

I went digging through my notes from my Upgrad interview as I seemed to remember something about this. I was told EC uses Blackboard and that they provide all the education aspects, with Upgrad providing student, tech, and delivery support. 

The Upgrad rep had a very thick accent, and when he was talking fast, I had a hard time understanding him, so I called the phone number of the EC site and spoke to an advisor to ask some questions.  She has an Edgewood College e-mail address, but said she works for Upgrad also. 

Some of the things she said conflicted with what the Upgrad representative told me. Examples are that she said the courses were 7 week terms and with one course at a time, would take 4 years to complete the program. I had mathed it out to be more like 2.5 years based on six courses a year so I'm not sure how she came up with that. 
The Upgrad information shows that some courses are six weeks and the four dissertation and research-based courses are 8 weeks. The Upgrad website advisor said that it could be completed in two years with one course at a time.

I questioned the differing information with the Upgrad rep, and he said that the discrepancy was because the international students don't follow the typical fall-spring-summer semester system. 

I'm not from the US, but I did question why the discount isn't available to American residents. I was told that it is because they can qualify for other forms of government financial aid that are not available to International Students.

Hope this helps.

S
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 - by lidel - 10-05-2023, 07:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global DBA Coming Soon, Edgewood DTech Coming Possibly Jonathan Whatley 19 6,248 09-09-2026, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  $8650 regionally accredited DBA: Level 8 + Westcliff DBA through Capital College David1477 18 5,268 09-08-2026, 11:31 PM
Last Post: tordan
  Walsh College\GreatLearning DBA in AIML; 12500$ artem 41 20,802 07-18-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: artem
  American College of Education Developing Online DBA, STEM Education EdD & EdS Jonathan Whatley 7 2,064 07-15-2026, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Twrix
  South College DBA cc95 136 60,678 06-13-2026, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 66 31,317 03-30-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  New England College DBA and Doctoral-Level Certificates Jonathan Whatley 3 2,539 02-10-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  South College DBA Program (IT Specialization) - Progress Tracker wiresandscreens 36 16,786 12-01-2025, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Need some advice - Edgewood or Oklahoma State ChetBakerSings 5 2,298 10-14-2025, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Rivena
  South College DBA Journey Completed Max13 18 15,425 03-06-2025, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)