Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
An Update: Pierpont AAS BoG to WGU BSIT, looking for feedback/advice!
#6
(07-26-2023, 02:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: IIRC, having an Associate degree (usually) waives all gen ed classes. The rest can be filled in by referencing the WGU Partner section bjcheung77 linked.

As for which WGU classes are the most difficult, there is an (un)official Discord where I think these things are discussed. If the link hasn't changed, it should be: https://discord.gg/unwgu Also, the WGU Reddit has been recommended previously.

(07-26-2023, 10:22 AM)dfrecore Wrote: At WGU, your GE will be waived, and then they'll match up all of the courses that you took to required courses, and do an eval to see what's left to take.

This is what I needed some clarification on, hopefully from someone that has done this exact process before (Pierpont AAS to WGU). Are you guys saying that my Pierpont AAS BoG degree will fulfill ALL of the WGU gen ed classes? Even though WGU has different gen ed requirements than Pierpont did for the AAS? There are quite a few gen ed classes I can see on the BSIT program that I definitely have not done any equivalent of, but they just won't care and simply having a Pierpont AAS will satisfy those classes regardless?

I suppose I'll get my answer to this after August 4th when I can send the AAS to WGU and talk to their enrollment team, but in the meantime I was hoping someone had concrete info so I know whether to keep doing gen ed Sophia classes or just skip to the next section of the BSIT.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: An Update: Pierpont AAS BoG to WGU BSIT, looking for feedback/advice! - by Alec311 - 07-27-2023, 03:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice needed - Tier 1 Masters or Doc irvineboy 8 731 09-26-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Advice needed TESU Biology sg82 1 345 09-17-2026, 09:38 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 269 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  UMPI BLS Update and help needed Federicojavier 1 705 06-12-2026, 07:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree planning advice request outofcomfortzone 8 1,708 04-14-2026, 09:08 PM
Last Post: outofcomfortzone
  Advice on associates Bigshay 1 967 02-03-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: StraighterLine_Learn
  new here , any advice helps. intellect88 3 1,106 01-11-2026, 10:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice for my case khloem.0248 6 1,583 01-05-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice and how to plan my degree future (Non US resident) Voxhaulf 0 896 01-02-2026, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Voxhaulf
  Advice requested: accelerating a Bachelor's in Accounting or Business mytime 2 1,851 12-11-2025, 08:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)