Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My advisor keeps telling me that I have to take SOS-110 even as a 2nd degree student
#11
(03-14-2023, 06:05 PM)frankc Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 12:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Quick question for the OP: were you ENROLLED as a "2ND DEGREE" student?  Because that MAY have been the problem.  When you are enrolled correctly, it shows that all GE including the Cornerstone, and all Free Electives, as WAIVED.  So if you were just enrolled as a regular student getting a bachelor's degree, then it would show that you need the Cornerstone.

Yes. After I sent in my transcript from my first degree last month, I actually contacted the registrar and the advisor, so they updated the evaluation to a second degree template, and it showed that all the requirements were waived except for the Area of Study (AOS). Well, I felt like the one who advised me that I must take the SOS-110 course may not have fully read my emails. I've mentioned in all my emails that I'm currently pursuing a second degree and have already obtained a degree in psychology from another university.
I believe that if any of you were asked whether I need to take SOS-110 with my existing degree from another institution, the answer would be a clear "no". It's confusing to me how this oversight happened.

It sounds like the advisor wasn't looking at your degree.  Par for the course at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: My advisor keeps telling me that I have to take SOS-110 even as a 2nd degree student - by dfrecore - 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 591 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 829 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,520 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
Information Help For TESU BACS DEGREE help-0982 13 2,242 06-12-2026, 12:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Wink Is SOS-1100 exempted because of my foreign bachelor's degree? Garyjoston 7 1,777 05-21-2026, 03:29 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  Upper-level Credits Required for Dual-AOS Bachelor Degree csbachelor 9 2,136 04-25-2026, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KagomeH
  TESU Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 1 6,970 03-28-2026, 01:53 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Help with Medical TECEP (active student hack) FungiTao 12 2,764 01-28-2026, 03:14 PM
Last Post: n0fx
  Getting Art Degree from TESU: My Experience CreativeLearner 4 2,458 01-21-2026, 12:11 PM
Last Post: AprilsFool
Question You think that my degree plan is possible ? Phil9444 2 1,519 01-17-2026, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Phil9444

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)