Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psych Degree Help: Excelsior? TESU? Something Else?
If you don't want to test out of things, that pretty much leaves out TESU or Excelsior. Both of those rely heavily on Coopersmith. You said Coopersmith looks "okay", but it's pretty much all testing and the worst (IMO) testing because they use ProctorU. Study.com uses RPNow and it's a completely different/easier experience.

If you would be okay with Coopersmith, I am still not sure if the Excelsior Psych degree can be obtained now without taking Excelsior classes. They've gotten rid of UExcels and I think at least one of those was critical to the Excelsior Psych degree. Excelsior requires 30 UL credits, 6 of these can come from the required capstone/cornerstone classes.

For TESU, you can see a plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan I think you might need a couple of Coopersmith courses, but most can be done with Sophia and Study.com. TESU requires 18 UL credits, 3 of these can come from the required capstone class.

If you would prefer to do writing instead of testing, UMPI doesn't have a Psych program, but they have a bunch of degrees that are nothing but writing. https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergraduate/ Depending on what kind of counselor or therapist that you hope to be, perhaps you would be interested in the BA Criminal Justice? Or you could go with a Bachelor of Liberal Studies and just take whatever interested you at UMPI. Different UMPI degrees require a different amount of UL credits. You must take most UL credits at UMPI.

With Excelsior, you can (theoretically) transfer in up to 113 credits. But I'm not 100% sure that works now that UExcel exams are gone.
With TESU, you can transfer in up to 114 credits. But it's actually cheapest if you take 16 credits in a single term with them (we have suggestions to make that easier) to finish off your degree.
With UMPI, you can transfer in up to 90 credits and you must do at least 30 credits with them. Most students are able to finish in 2-3 sessions ($1400 per session).

Let us know which one interests you the most and we can help you to come up with a degree plan.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • MaMichelle, origamishuttle

Messages In This Thread
RE: Psych Degree Help: Excelsior? TESU? Something Else? - by rachel83az - 08-26-2022, 01:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 325 4 hours ago
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 117 5 hours ago
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 267 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 255 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 256 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 207 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  TESU BA PSY xBless 10 456 09-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: allvia
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 548 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 298 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 307 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77