Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help planning Criminal Justice degree
(12-24-2021, 01:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Depending on your situation, if you're still active in the military, I would also suggest you look into COSC, Excelsior, and especially TESU for degree options as well, you can transfer in up to 113/114 credits to these institutions, and you get tuition discounts!  You need to ask yourself, is Criminal Justice your calling? Have you looked at other industries such as Business, IT, Psychology, etc?  Are you just looking for a check the box Associates and Bachelors?  

Do you have other commitments that may take your time from your studies?  How many hours a day can you dedicate to studies? Do you have a budget, financial aid, tuition assistance? In any case, you should invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking, review this link for courses that transfer from Sophia.org to these respective institutions, take the ones without any "written assignments first". Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Do you have any interests in other subjects such as business, computers, IT, History, Psychology or something?  When going for the Pierpont BOG AAS, I would advise in a different emphasis other than Criminal Justice if you have time to take other self paced courses.  For example, you can take the Google IT Professional Cert for 12 credits and the Sophia.org Intro to IT for 3, it will give you the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT.   The Cert can be done in a month for $49, 12 credits!
I'm just a reservist so I have plenty of time now. Since my original post I have completed another 20 credits on Sophia.org to round out my 60 (made sure they met the BOG requirement for Pierpont) and I'm just kind of waiting around for them to accept me and send me the letter in the mail with my student login information. Until then I don't know what my options are except just keep going with Sophia until I get my associates so I have more credits to transfer over. 

Do you recommend COSC, Exelsior and TESU over UMPI for any reason other than they will accept more credits upon transfer? I will have no problem meeting the UMPI 90 credit limit without having to take any Sophia courses that require touchstones. I would only have 10 classes left at UMPI but if I only have to take 5 at another university it's certainly something I would consider.

Also, I do already have a two monitor setup and it's literally the only reason I haven't given up haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help planning Criminal Justice degree - by evanmonast - 12-24-2021, 01:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 375 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 149 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 10 216 Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 298 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 262 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 271 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 213 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 561 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 311 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 315 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM