Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U
(02-22-2021, 05:17 PM)jch Wrote: I'm just about done with my classes. I've worked ahead, and essentially only have some discussions remaining. I'll finish both with an A, probably even above 100% thanks to bonus points. Per icampus, the average grade in both of my classes is just 75%. I thought this would improve once the automatic drop eliminated all the people who never did any work, but it didn't. I don't understand why so many people are failing. Both of my classes use an online textbook platform for most/all assignments, with unlimited attempts to solve every problem and comprehensive text/video walkthroughs for anything hard.

I don't understand either. I have the following classes:

CIS-111 (Relational DBMS). My current score: 105%. Class average: 71%
CIS-175 (Intro to Networking). My current score: 78%. Class average: 62%.
WRK-100 (Ugh). My current score: 105%. Class average: 58%
MAT-210 (Data-Driven Decisions). My current score: 102%. Class average: 78%

WRK-100 is literally the easiest class ever, as much as I hate it. How can you only have a 58%? The only reason why my score is so low in Networking is that I fell behind in week 5. So many videos! It's not difficult, per se, but the videos are time-consuming. I am catching up now, though! The one thing I've really learned from the networking class at Strayer is that I really, REALLY want to avoid the Networking TECEP if at all possible. I hate the OSI model so much. I've got my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that I can do literally anything else.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Winter term for Sophia members, Strayer U - by rachel83az - 02-22-2021, 05:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Helsinki: Free Courses, “IN ENGLISH” + FREE + SELF-PACED + For Credit [email protected] 43 25,785 09-25-2026, 08:14 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Free 1 year Google AI Pro for students Hotdogman1 1 431 09-25-2026, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  George Fox U Free AI Basics and AI Advanced Short Certificates Jonathan Whatley 5 940 08-26-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Maltus
  Christendom College Free Noncredit Short Courses, Liberal Arts and Religious Topics Jonathan Whatley 4 786 08-06-2026, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  50% Walmart Free Delivery, Free Paramount +, 5% Cash Back CC LevelUP 4 823 07-18-2026, 08:51 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Free credit-bearing certificates in Criminal Justice/Criminology? EliEverIsAHero 1 1,431 07-14-2026, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege
  WorldQuant U Free Grad Cert, Possible Future MScs in AI (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 0 1,707 06-22-2026, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Free Credit Class in Financial Literacy - University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) malakaka 3 1,656 05-20-2026, 04:42 PM
Last Post: mike01119
  Columbia+ 2 AI courses for free RoboPanda 2 2,998 04-29-2026, 06:42 PM
Last Post: ThePA
  JSU Free RA Course - AI Literacy (3 Credits) Captainrekt000 5 3,198 03-06-2026, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MEarlBITW

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)