Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in English TESU Credit by Exam Process
You really sure you're looking for a BA English or just a BA with any concentration to teach?  I assume you're open to any of the Big 3 as long as it's cheap/easy/fast.  I've read your previous post and it seems you're just looking to teach abroad: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions?

You might want to start off reading the Beginner's Guide and also the spreadsheet templates on post #28/31 in my signature.  Don't click onto any links until you get to post #28 or later, those links no longer work as you mentioned, the site for the wiki has changed...

Essentially, the guide was created to help newbies start the process and give them an overview of the requirements and a spreadsheet to show them what can go where as examples.  You should spend some time "reading" forum posts after you have read the basics. 

Everyone here is very helpful and will try to assist you getting to your goal.  Now what sets my answers apart from others on this board is this: Mostly everyone would try to get you two of the three, cheap/easy/fast, where as I look at your info more deeply and try to find a 4th - value on ROI.

And to quickly answer your main concern, what courses from which providers go where.  When you create a spreadsheet template or download mine, it'll show you the requirements needed for the degree.  40 courses total 120 credits, you need to look at providers that you're interested in, change the spreadsheet to with the info course you want to take.   Where do you find the course?  That's going to be where you dig through the recommended providers and find the equivalency.  Ta-da, you are done! 

So, to clarify, the previous poster is amazing and provided you the free credits and Sophia.org credits.  My suggestion is to do the exact same thing.  Courses here will go into your general education, free electives and you get over 100 credits free!!!  When you complete one course at a time, update your spreadsheet that you've done English I/II, etc, and color code them done.  Again, view the transfer equivalency to make sure they come over.  Not all providers have the course you need, so you do so with multiple providers.

Last but not least, my recommendation in the spreadsheet template "was" StraighterLine/Study.com, you should do the Sophia.org/Study.com combo for the win.  Here are the links to the equivalency, you download my template, update it when you're done.  Hope this helps, have fun, good luck... keep safe during this lockdown period, it's the perfect time to start!

To begin, you need to setup an ACE credit registry account to "credit bank" all your courses you have completed from different providers.
Sign up here: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=transcripts.main , when prompted for a SSN - it's optional, leave it blank!

1) Sign up for FREE courses for College Credit to get you started on the process, these course are all FREE and gives you up to 15 college credits.
Once you're done with these courses, you need to add them into your ACE credit registry: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Free_Sources_of_Credit
So, please sign up for the FREE ethics course and the FREE TEEX Cybersecurity courses and the two Sophia.org FREE credit ones.

2)  Sophia.org has ALL their courses FREE right now because of the Coronavirus COVID-19, all schools are closed and they wanted to provide some promotional studies to students affected.  Each of these courses are $329 USD, there are 33+ courses, this equals to ~$11,000 worth of college credit FREE!  Sign up for it right away but you should not start the courses until you are ready, you can set the dates for starting the courses later, each and every one of them.  They have 33 courses, that's ~99 credits towards a Bachelors degree!

3) ModernStates.org, CLEP & AP Vouchers - If you look at the link above for FREE credits, this is listed because they provide Vouchers for exams and also reimburse you for your exam fees.  There is a test center downtown, you do not want to do the tests yet but you may want to get the vouchers for later use.  They have up to 33 courses of credits to be obtained, that also equates to ~99 credits!

4) Depending on your school (COSC/EC/TESU) Your 15-30 Upper Level requirements can come from a slew of providers but Study.com is the cheapest/easiest/fastest of the bunch and the value is, it has the most amount of Upper Level that overlaps in subject materials so you can get the courses you need to finish the degree here!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 5 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • asianphd, beautifulpsalms, hlg38, ISKBizz15, schlocker

Messages In This Thread
RE: BA in English TESU Credit by Exam Process - by bjcheung77 - 03-22-2020, 12:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 701 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 480 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English requirements + info needed alexeo_13 31 951 10-12-2024, 11:32 AM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,417 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 560 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,261 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 544 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 237 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 235 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 267 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM