Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you please help out a beginner. Any advice appreciated!
First off thank you for the advice. I appreciate it all. I apologize if this post is asked everyday or if i posted on the wrong place. I'm on mobile and it makes it very difficult to search and scour every single page and what not. Now a little on me and my goals for the future.

I'm 24 years old (in about a week) and I live in NYC. I have a HS diploma, but graduated with an I.E.P diploma which limits me. I can't enroll into certain colleges. I'm working on getting my GED which makes it easier to enroll into other colleges. I don't know the first thing about college. I don't even know how to enroll in one. After graduating all I did was work part time jobs to help support my family. We had very little and I couldn't afford to go to college. All my time was focused on helping my mom keep a roof over our heads. Now that my family is more or less stable I'd love to get a bachelor's degree. Why you ask? Well I want to teach English abroad in Japan. I want to move, experience new things, travel and only have to be responsible for myself. I want to start a new life. What are the requirements to teach abroad in japan? Be a native English speaker and have a bachelor's degree. Those are also the requirements to get a working visa to go to Japan. I know about TELF and I plan on taking that too so securing a job in Japan will be easier. I want the easiest way and most cheapest way to get any bachelor's degree. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it's cheap and fast. I'd also like help in figuring out how to enroll into college and getting started on my journey after my GED. After looking up information I figured I'd like to go to TESC since it's the cheapest. I don't know much about testing out except take some test for credit and get a degree. I would love it if someone could please help me out in understanding what steps need to be done to complete my longer term goal.

Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Can you please help out a beginner. Any advice appreciated! - by Atomsk - 02-27-2016, 08:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 64 Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 348 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 972 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 3,007 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,591 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,376 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,438 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 886 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 1,086 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 6,756 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha