Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Importance of a GPA for grad school
#22
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Love this forum. thanks all. i'm no kid - graduated HS like 25 yrs ago. I've had a pretty successful career, without the degree, but just never felt satisfied w/myself. I want that degree to 'tic the box', as well as to feel the accomplishment. As for a Master's, it would really be 'gravy', but I felt like if i were to do it, I would want to do it with a name school. Not sure why, just feel that way. I was curious from some of you seasoned vets on here, if a Masters from TESU would carry as much 'weight' as say a Penn State Online or similar. Not that I want to spend $30k, but I was curious. I have a friend w/a Masters from U of Phoenix, and it has not helped him one bit. I was unsure if that was due to the school, or him. I know lots to consider - just looking for support, insight, and a sounding board. Thanks again all. 102 CR as of this a.m, 6 more classes/tests to go!!

It really depends on what environment you are using the masters in. Much of the government it is just a 'tic in the box' while others such as engineering it matters. I feel the same way you do regarding degrees. I recently received my BA in Liberal Arts from TESU and just got accepted into a Penn State MS program.

Congrats...you are almost there!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The Importance of a GPA for grad school - by navy3912 - 02-18-2016, 12:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 773 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,393 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,112 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Next Steps After UMPI: Considering Law School CFPhopeful 6 1,743 03-10-2026, 10:02 AM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 35 33,383 01-26-2026, 04:18 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Italian Online Master in Economics & Finance for 4.5k from a Top-School David1477 26 17,401 12-12-2025, 07:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Nexford University Individual NA Grad and Undergrad Courses, ~$500 Each Jonathan Whatley 0 1,545 11-14-2025, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Are ACE credits a deal breaker for getting into Certified Anesthesia Assistant school zauh 16 4,616 11-13-2025, 09:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Qualifi Level 7 Cyber — Grad Credit or Master’s msmjj01 2 2,496 10-25-2025, 11:48 PM
Last Post: msmjj01
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 51 36,123 09-29-2025, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Sagan

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)