Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best Prep Materials - CLEP College Mathematics
#4
sirjake Wrote:Cracking the CLEP was helpful to me. But I've never had a "foreign language" kind of issue with math. I was scared of it, but really, I have a logical mind so math comes very easy to me if I just do it. But the highest I had ever studied was probably 8th grade math, so I had to learn a few new things prior to the CLEP. Over all, though, it wasn't nearly as hard as I was thinking it would be. Before the test, I wasn't sure AT ALL that I would pass. I got exactly half of the study guide questions right. Halfway through the actual test, I was sure I'd pass because I knew I had answered so many correctly. And I did pass with a 61.

I liked Cracking the CLEP because it gives you hints on how to get by questions that at the outset look very difficult. But since the answer is right there in front of you (albeit among three wrong answers), you only need to figure out which ones are either wrong or "plug in" to get the right answer. I got the book for a very cheap price off of Ebay. Definitely worth the 7-10 bucks I paid (including shipping).

I've got that book now and will give it some need attention - Thanks!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Best Prep Materials - CLEP College Mathematics - by ShotoJuku - 04-29-2006, 01:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,589 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,741 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 366 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 400 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,365 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,079 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,947 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 555 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 759 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 666 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)