Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does InstantCert Only have flashcards?
bmad86 Wrote:I don't know what to do now . . . I feel discouraged going into tomorrow. UGH!

First of all, don't panic. I mean if you just ordered InstantCert the day before the test...things are what they are. Just take a breath and try to "show what you do know" today on the test. DSST's are usually 4 answers so you have a good chance of guessing right if you can narrow it down to two answers. Also in your favor is that many people on here are saying it's a logical test. If you need a little reassurance use the search box in the top right corner of this website and see if your exam is one that people pass with very little study or only using the flash cards. Also, are you military? In other words, if the test is going to be free, take it as a learning experience. There is nothing but knowledge to be gained from this experience today...So just do you best and let us know what happened.

In the future, I am sure you already know this, but give yourself a little more time than the day before the exam to learn if a program works. You will be a lot less stressed out and likely test better that way Smile If you still like the forum, but not the flashcards I would recommend the tips below for pretty much any of the testing out exams CLEP or DSST. But don't kill yourself checking out these general refs today before your exam. Stick with the exam specific feedback and take your best guess for todays exam. However, in the future check out these references:

1. An old Official Paper CLEP or Dantes guide for the exam. Taking their practice exam will give you an idea if it's going to be an "easy" or harder exam for you. You can get these at some Library facilities as well as online very cheap. Anything from the last 3-4 years should work fine.
2. FreeClepPrep.com It should come right up. They have CLEP AND Dantes (DSST's) Here's the link: Dantes Exams - Free Study Guides at Free-Clep-Prep.com
3. EducationPortal.com This is for CLEP, but if you have a short attention span and like video learning, this method works, but takes time here's the link: Take Free Online Courses. Earn College Credit. Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
4. Crash Course videos on You Tube, pretty much same as above, but a lot faster the guys are much nerdier and funnier here's the link: CrashCourse - YouTube
5. This site and even though the flash cards take a long time, they pretty much work. As one of the posters said, you can just click the enter button to see the answer and skip through. I get it that it's boring and time consuming, but if you are going for a BS or BA degree people will tell you it's all about learning how to put up with BS! LOL!

Other resources like REA and Peterson's are also favorites on here. I have stuck with the above method and never had a problem, but everyone is different and you will find the recipe that works for you as you go along.

No, seriously. It's probably too late to cancel the test without losing your money. I am not in the military (whole family has been), so I am not sure if you can cancel it without any trouble/cost? But if you can, and it won't cost you time or money you could try that if this is really stressing you out. However, if you have to take this test with minimal background/study, just do you best and chalk it up to a learning experience Smile We have a fabulous family on here, and if you were my brother or sister, I would give you the same advice. Cancel if it won't cost you time or money...or take it and do your best and learn from what happens. Heck you could totally knock this one out of the park! Stranger things have happened. Use common sense when picking your answer, and then move on. Don't dwell, just do you best with what you've got in your tool box. Either way, you are going to have a better set of tools (and probably more time) the next time to test! The point is you are here, and you are going for your degree. Just keep plugging along and you'll be there before you know itSmile

Good Luck! Can't wait to see how your experience goes Smile
T

bmad86 Wrote:I signed up for InstantCert tonight, is the only study material they provide the flashcards? I am VERY disappointed. I am taking a test tomorrow, I thought there would be more help than just flash cards.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Messages In This Thread
Does InstantCert Only have flashcards? - by Getiton1 - 12-06-2013, 07:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instant Cert Flashcards Adv. Eng. Comp Carnation 0 1,015 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  CAMS Certification Test Flashcards Wanted Johmford 0 1,711 07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  InstantCert Flashcards: Uexcel Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior jthatcher50 0 1,689 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: jthatcher50
  Why can't I log in to InstantCert to access the flashcards? yanni805 1 1,911 05-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: moezsheikh
  InstantCert for US History 1 Silly_Me 5 2,748 05-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Copy Paste Flashcards as Notes for Proctored? SL humbleAMG 5 1,483 01-31-2017, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Different answer for same question on REA and InstantCert LisaSC 1 1,299 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Western Civ 1 Instantcert problems Jesusfreak97 6 1,420 06-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Jesusfreak97
  Where can I find the bookmarks button for my Instantcert flashcards? cobhc100 1 1,069 06-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: alzee
  InstantCert Discount Code MrsHall 0 1,551 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: MrsHall