Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Done .."My Strong"
You have made it through some very dark days, but you and your spirit came out the victors!! cheersmate Congratulations on a job WELL DONE in more ways then one. Enjoy your accomplishment:hurray: :hurray: and know you are stronger for having not let life keep you down. Thank you for an honest yet uplifting "it can get done" post.

Linda

(P.S. Great timing too. I am feeling overwhelmed by all that life is demanding,, but I will not give up, I will try just one more test. Then maybe I can do just one more test, then just 2 more FEMA. Sometimes we need to break our plan down and appreciate each little step.)
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Failing is not the falling down but the refusing to get up. You've gotten up all right! Thank you for detailing your story even though you didn't have to. Congratulations for a job well done.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Thank you for posting your story. This really encouraged me today!! It is posts like yours that keep me going. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
That's life, Mapalo. We all have had things bog us down at times. Heck, I've been doing the on-again, off-again pursuit of my bachelors for years (sooooo close now) and more than once almost gave up (probably would have too without this forum)! The point is that you stuck with it, waded through the BS and crossed the finish line. Be proud for not giving up and of what you've accomplished. Go get yourself the adult beverage of your choice and celebrate! cheersmate
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Your story is so inspiring. Thank you for having the courage to share it with us. I think we've all felt like giving up at some point (I know I certainly have - more than once) but it's through the sharing with others and support of others that we somehow make it through.

I could not be happier to read that you've accomplished your goal! And, now you're driven to get a second degree. You are on a roll - keep it going! :hurray:
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Nice work. I also watched your progress (and subsequent disappearance) and therefore knew of some of your special challenges and problems. Your success is a great example of one of my favorite quotes. Congratulations!!!

[SIZE="4"]The Power of Persistence[/SIZE]

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent...
--Calvin Coolidge

My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
[SIZE="7"]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"]CONGRATS![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]Welcome To The EC Grad Club![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Congratulations. Know always that the IC family will try to support you!
All I can say is...great job!! I am awestruck right now after reading your post because of the determination and success you've accomplished despite everything. I guess all I can say is congradulations and keep it up!!!!!

`Dakota
"I am a firm believer in luck. The harder I work, the more I have of it" ~Thomas Jefferson

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun rises; not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ~C.S. Lewis

"The greatest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." ~John Ruskin

"A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction" ~Tolstoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Math CLEP vs. Statistics DSST if not strong in math... S.Tesla 6 2,131 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  MS Vouchers Still Going Strong? Doodlebabe 4 1,447 11-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Doodlebabe