Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing and interp. lit
Hello,

I am going to take this CLEP on Monday, why I wait for some study material to come to me from mail. Some generous people on here have sent them to me and the people I work with Smile.

I took the first two petersons test (Kind of)

I did 25 questions on the first one got 13 right. I was really tired and pretty busy at work so I could have probably done a little better.

Second test I did 60 questions and due to being at work ran out of time before I realized it. I got 35/60. The last poem I did I missed all the questions, no clue what it was talking about still :S.

Ok so to the point.. I have already signed up for the CLEP, any final studying I should do? With scores like the ones listed above would I pass?
6 Month Planner
Princples of Marketing
Macroeconomics- Taking online Current grade 88%
Princples of management- Currently studying 1st
College Algebra- 48
Intro To fiction
Intro To Computing- 440/400
Accounting
A&I- PASS! 52/50 Big Grin
Astronomy- Finish class 90%
English Comp- 54 passssss!
Freshman Comp- 56/50 =D
Given your track record (I mean this nicely...not an attack), I would simply call the ed office and cancel the test until you have time to properly prepare. You can't go into these tests half cocked and expect to pass. I understand you are very busy with work and probably have little time to study off work. This will just mean that it will take you longer to prepare for a test.

The reason I say these things is that I fear you will become very discouraged and possibly stop trying. I feel you need to give yourself the time you need to properly prepare.

Anyone else have a thought on this?
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
I get what your saying, at this point though I dont really need this one, but it would be nice to have. The others I have failed I needed, failing those were not fun.
6 Month Planner
Princples of Marketing
College Algebra- 48
Intro To fiction
Accounting
Freshman Comp- 56/50 =D
Somehow I passed this one myself today after virtually no studying. I'm not recommending that you do the same, but if this isn't one you really need and it won't cost you anything, go take it when you feel ready. Heck, if I can pass something I found to be so boring I'd rather be counting blades of grass on lawn (even having to dig it out from the blanket of snow covering the lawn at the moment), anyone can!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
My policy has generally been to take the test immediately if I can get more than half the questions right on a practice test. I say go for it; not like you're losing money, right? Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
Thanks everyone, I am going to redue the peterson test, then do the official clep. Then just take it. Cant be worse then my current record Wink
6 Month Planner
Princples of Marketing
College Algebra- 48
Intro To fiction
Accounting
Freshman Comp- 56/50 =D
Looks like I'm outnumbered on this one, Good Luck, it will be a good Christmas present to yourself!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
This is my next test (mid-January). I have not started to prepare for it yet.

I do think that having good concentration during the exam will be especially helpful for this.

I have also read that knowing literary terms is helpful, too. Here is a website link that I have seen recommended for this: Literary Terms

I hope you do well!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:This is my next test (mid-January). I have not started to prepare for it yet.

I do think that having good concentration during the exam will be especially helpful for this.

I have also read that knowing literary terms is helpful, too. Here is a website link that I have seen recommended for this: Literary Terms

I hope you do well!

All good points!
Good luck and fingers crossed
Set yourself goals, not limitations

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP AwardTour 2 1,547 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature) Tictac 12 6,470 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP cgf 2 1,122 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: cgf
  Analyzing and Interpreting CLEP and TESU omnk522 2 1,130 01-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: omnk522
  Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP bad links icy 2 895 08-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  Essay for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature Croissant 0 627 10-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Croissant
  Struggling with Analyzing & Interpreting Literature Togas 32 3,854 10-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Togas
  CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Lit. Does TESC require the essay? Siren101 1 719 09-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  I'm going to lose my score on analyzing lit CLEP beastcoast 11 1,912 09-15-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (any way to study for this)? Life Long Learning 1 622 09-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning